Trimix ICD gas switches

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Now for the real question? What is the best way to mount my nitrox spare air on a Halcyon backplate??

Exactly like you would mount a 6ft argon tank... except for on the right side... and be sure to let the second stage dangle so people don't mistake it for argon.

Wow,everybody in agreement. Where is the fun in that ? :D

Only thing I might question is <<it wouldn't fizz wildly but there would be rapid gas exchange>>

I dont think it would be rapid,It would take hours,maybe even days to come to equilibrium,same as it takes hours/days to eliminate all nitrogen after a deep dive.

Now for the real question? What is the best way to mount my nitrox spare air on a Halcyon backplate??

Get the 6 cubic foot drysuit inflation mounting kit, Halcyon part # 40.010.006 and substitute spare air for the argon bottle.

Halcyon_argon_06_02.jpg

You can even drill additional holes to accommodate additional mounting kits. I have a halo of spare airs around my backplate.

So your dry suit inflation bottle is half full of ARGON, you go get it topped up and all the supplier has is AIR, so you top up.........do you now have AIRGON? :rofl3:

PS---I will have to read this thread later tonight as i don't have time now. :)

Get the 6 cubic foot drysuit inflation mounting kit, Halcyon part # 40.010.006 and substitute spare air for the argon bottle.

Or you can save yourself some $ and pick up the following around town:

2 - hose clamps that will fit the diameter of your bottle
2 - small stainless steel quick links
4" - clear plastic tubing that will fit over the clamps
2' - feet of hollow nylon strapping
2 - small D-rings
2 - D-ring holders (i.e. tacos)

1. Loosen the hose clamps
2. Cut the hollow strapping to fit the clamp and insert the clamp into the strapping.
3. Fit the D-ring and holders onto the clamp strap
4. Cut a piece of plastic tubing to fit over the part of the clamp you use to tighten it.
5. Fit the whole thing onto your pony so both clamps are aligned with the holes in you backplate.
6. Use the quick links to connect the pony to your backplate

***Bonus: You save money AND get to wander around Home Depot and REI finding this stuff. :D

Attachments

• dringkit.gif
    dringkit.gif
    12 KB · Views: 75
I think we need to start a new group and call it Texas Tech. Oh, wait, that wouldn't go over too well in Austin.:rofl3:

I think Timeliner came up with the term "tack diver" after rigging his pony bottle at the local feed store so that one is out too. All the good names are taken...

This has been a very interesting thread, guys!

How would drinking ICB Root Beer effect your chances of a IBCD infliction....... :popcorn:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom