Trimix fills near Austin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k-valve

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My favorite LDS (Austin Aqua Sports) is moving to a new location over the next week or two. Until then I'm going to have to find a shop that does good fills (i.e. not short...esp for HP tanks and knows what the "+" after the hydro stamp means when it comes to an allowable fill for LP tanks). Any suggestions?

Also, I'm trying to complete my dives for my trimix class and as far as I know AAS is the only shop around here that does trimix fills. Anyone know of a shop close to Austin that stocks helium?

Thanks for the help!!!

I am told that Tom's is set up to fill trimix. Their holiday hours might make it worth waiting for Mike to re-open.

Oak Hill Scuba is open during the holidays. With my new compressor, I can get you those + fills with no problem. I'm not set up for trimix, but would be interested in getting set up for it. Stop by the shop and we can chat about it.

I am told that Tom's is set up to fill trimix. Their holiday hours might make it worth waiting for Mike to re-open.

Hmmm...well, I know they do nitrox fills and that they started teaching tech classes, but last I heard they were only teaching intro tech classes (no trimix last I heard). Hadn't heard about the trimix fills either. My experience with Tom's makes me want to wait until Mike reopens anyway. Hopefully, he won't be down too long.

I've got a bunch of banked 21/35 if you want to drive to Freeport.:D

I wanted to add this, for those that are looking for air or nitrox fills during the holidays. Oak Hill Scuba is keeping fairly normal business hours, 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM M - S. I say fairly normal because I may close for a bit this afternoon to have a late lunch w/ the wife. And I'll play it by ear on Monday. If things are slow, I may leave early. We'll be closed on New Years day. Oh, and we've got some gear in case your stocking did not have everything you wanted.

My favorite LDS (Austin Aqua Sports) is moving to a new location over the next week or two.

Where is the new location??...they have been on Guadalupe forever

Where is the new location??...they have been on Guadalupe forever

I'm not 100% sure...I just know there were two locations on Burnet, south of Anderson, that Mike was looking at. I think it'll be a good move for him.

That'll put Tom's, Scubaland, and Austin Aqua Sports all in VERY close proximity!

Whew, talk about competition!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom