Trim weighting with jet fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, using trim weight pocket does help fixing your trim.
I also had exact problem like you - heavy legged and changing my positive and light fins (3.5 lb) to negative and heavy fin (hollis f1 - 7lb).
My setup mimic yours but I'm using zeagle stiletto, back inflate bc.

So this is how I solve it :
- moving my trim pocket to upper cam band
- moving all my weight to the trim pocket, 8lb
- lower my BC position, making the tank valve as high as possible to move more weight to your upper body. Make sure that you can still look up conveniently though

Alsa check your waist harness position, do not put it higher than your waistline, this is to ensure the center of gravity is on the middle of your body.

Hope this help.

I have the same issue, leg heavy in wetsuit. Jet fins make it worse because of the weight. I ended up buying a pair of OMS slipstream. They are not that expansive new, they are a lot like jet in water. If you can find a pair used, it is worth a try.

If you still feel foot heavy after moving the 2lbs up, you might want to consider swapping to an Al plate to free up more ballast.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom