Trim issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ahmed Maharek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello I am AOWD with 90 dives 😅 I am seeking your tips,as I use xdeep zen with a half 3 mm suit and 4 kg of lead 2 kg in two front pocket and 2 kg in 2 pockets on the tank, one on the top strap and one at the bottom strap.
Every time I trayed booda hovering or vertical hovering postion I tend to lean backwards on my back, so any tips to improve my trim😅

Many thanks

If you have the NX stainless steel backplate, it very heavy and can be part of your situation.

The shop that you purchased the rig from should be interested in helping you. Short of that, any instructor familiar with backplates and wings can help you to fine tune your weight placement.

Hello I am AOWD with 90 dives 😅 I am seeking your tips,as I use xdeep zen with a half 3 mm suit and 4 kg of lead 2 kg in two front pocket and 2 kg in 2 pockets on the tank, one on the top strap and one at the bottom strap.
Every time I trayed booda hovering or vertical hovering postion I tend to lean backwards on my back, so any tips to improve my trim😅

Many thanks
Is there a reason you want to do a "booda hovering"? Normally that is not a good trim to have, as it would normally mean you are feat heavy. You say you have 4kg, but then say you have 2kg in 2 front pockets, do you mean 2kg in each pocket, or 2kg total?

If you want to be able to hover feat down, you would need to make sure you are feat heavy, or at least not top heavy. Remove the weight from the the top tank band, and either put it on the lower band, or more likely in front pockets. if you are falling backwards, you would need to remove some weight from your back, and the higher up it is, the more likely it will pull you back.

Are you diving with a steel or aluminum tank?

If steel you will be weighted backwards if you're vertical in the water.

Can you dive flat? If so you're correctly trimmed.

Is there a reason you want to do a "booda hovering"? Normally that is not a good trim to have, as it would normally mean you are feat heavy. You say you have 4kg, but then say you have 2kg in 2 front pockets, do you mean 2kg in each pocket, or 2kg total?

If you want to be able to hover feat down, you would need to make sure you are feat heavy, or at least not top heavy. Remove the weight from the the top tank band, and either put it on the lower band, or more likely in front pockets. if you are falling backwards, you would need to remove some weight from your back, and the higher up it is, the more likely it will pull you back.
yes i mean 2 kg total at the back one kg in each pocket, i use aluminum Back plate

i am interesting to hovering vertically in general, i will give your tip a tray many thanks

If you have the NX stainless steel backplate, it very heavy and can be part of your situation.

The shop that you purchased the rig from should be interested in helping you. Short of that, any instructor familiar with backplates and wings can help you to fine tune your weight placement.
Actually it is aluminum one

thanks for the tip

It also makes a difference if you are using a steel or aluminum tank, as the steel will pull you more backwards than an aluminum tank.

Many thanks
Why would you want to do such a thing?

Move the weights on the tank as close to the plate as you can. If you only have one on each band, put them on opposite sides of the cylinder to balance laterally. Holding your arms or knees out in front of you can also help counter balance. Sticking legs out straight (making the letter L with your body) should definitely do it, but cross your ankles for more style points.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom