Trim and HP 119

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al100's are awful. Don't you DARE sell a good 119 for an Al100...

This will sound backwards, but...you are head's up, because you're head-heavy. 119s are notorious for putting someone head-down. If you move the tank down just a bit, chances are the problem will be fixed.

Al100's are awful. Don't you DARE sell a good 119 for an Al100...

This will sound backwards, but...you are head's up, because you're head-heavy. 119s are notorious for putting someone head-down. If you move the tank down just a bit, chances are the problem will be fixed.

Nope, not gonna sell it. I asked the AL 100 question in another thread and got a ton on negative feedback...which is the great thing about this board. I will try a few things posted here, all good suggestions. I'm sure one of them will work.

The more I think about it, my body type might be an issue. I'm only 5'9, but all torso. Sitting down, you would think I was six feet tall. I have really short, thick legs (great for squats though). The 119 is only 24 inches long, and sits low on my back since it is so heavy. Since I have a long torso, low on my back is really low. So I'll try to move it up, then down, put air in my legs, etc. Another great reason (like I need one) to find another day to play in Lake Rawlings. THanks for all the info, and rest assured, no AL 100 for me.

I didn't phrase that very well. By putting someone head's down, they usually overcompensate by going head's up -- that's what I mean.

Move the tank all around to suit you for the best positioning, but realize that a lot of it is technique, as well.

Hi everyone.

Let's all see
psi ft3 Dia length weight empty weight full weight
X Luxfer 100 3300 99.3 8 26.21 40.86 3.11 -4.3

Worthington 3442 119 8 Galv 24 42 -2 -10.9
X8-119

I think I would dive the 119 at 1.14lbs difference in weight to carry and another.
Beside the 3.11 of positive you would have to make up for on the Luxfer.

My 2cents

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom