Trilam vs. Neo Drysuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’ve got about 400 dives on my CF200 (Second Zipper, Several pairs of dry gloves, four neck seals, etc.). Safe to say I love this suit. The crushed neoprene has the stretch of regular neoprene with much of the insulation of neoprene and no (or negligible) buoyancy change with depth. I recently acquired a Whites trilam suite and like it much better than I thought I would. As others have pointed out, the trilaminate is much lighter and dries fast. I’ve toured the factory, these are well made suites. If you do go with Whites, avoid the detachable pockets. This is a well intentioned convolution that should be avoided (glue Velcro topped pockets on the thighs and your off and running). All in all I give the Whites high marks (I dive the Whites rock boots with my DUI).

With both suits in my inventory I consistently dive the DUI. I like the flexibility, stretch and fit of the neoprene. I’ve beat the hell out of this suit and it just won’t quit. I’ve spent days in it trudging up and down the beach doing eel grass surveys etc. This suite is an old friend so I’m more than a little biased. :thumb:

Additional unsolicited opinions:
Rock boots: Worth the money (look into getting the Whites boots whichever suit you go with).
Zipper guard: Worth the money (see remark about second zipper).
Warm neck: Unnecessary convolution that will make changing a neck seal a pain in the ass.
Dry gloves: Add them later so you can appreciate how truly great they are.
Dry hood: Had a suite with a dry hood for a while, wow. Pain in the butt to replace but damn that was nice.

I was looking into the DUI CN-SE. Anyone know how this suit stands up? I know it's compressed neoprene, but I'm not sure if it's a highle rated suit. So if anyone has one or knows someone that dives one please give me an opinoin on it.
Thanx
Joey

taat2d wrote...
I was looking into the DUI CN-SE. Anyone know how this suit stands up? I know it's compressed neoprene, but I'm not sure if it's a highle rated suit. So if anyone has one or knows someone that dives one please give me an opinoin on it.
Thanx
Joey
Rodale's recently reviewed that suit, along with several others. Click here

THANK YOU!!!!!! So much for that link. It has a few suits I was looking into.

taat2d wrote...
THANK YOU!!!!!! So much for that link. It has a few suits I was looking into.
Glad to help!

:D

Back
Top Bottom