TriHunter 6000 Trimix mixing station for sale

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... That first trip I ran through 50 T’s of 5.5 helium in 4 days..
Y I K E S !!!

Which was higher that trip,,the diesel bill or the helium bill ?? I know which was easier to load :)

It was a 4 day to Rhein, Araby Maid, Uboat, and Wilkes. 8 dives. In Texas I paid $95 a T for 5.5 helium, in Key West I paid $200. I paid (IIRC) $59 a T for ABO. We had 21 T's of He ($4200) onboard, and 42 T's of ABO ($2478). We may have burned a thousand gallons of diesel. I assure you, we loaded those pallets of cylinders with a crane. You can see the ABO up top.
D090620A_2090.jpg

We're opposites. I just bought a masterline and sold the stick. The stick is awesome and works well. The only hiccup I found is you need to learn how much helium your compressor leaks. So in my case if I was pumping 30/30 I would set it to 30/35 and would get perfect 30/30. I was frustrated at first till Imcalled Wayne. I hadn't thought about loss after the stick through the compressor.
I was actually going to keep the stick and have the masterline as well, but I'm also moving to a rebreather soon. I suspect the masterline and my home built nitrox stick will work just fine. I'm not pumping enough helium to warrant having a nitrox stick, trimix stick, and a masterline. I thought about selling my home built nitrox stick, but it made more sense to sell the one I'm using less.

I think if you dump the crankcase vent back into the intake you get your helium back.

Helium is crafty to make money with. Partial pressure pressure blending has line loss and time consuming. Banking is more accurate and allows depletion of the bottle. PP blending of small tanks takes a knack but doable.

Hey man, I appreciate you being 100% on a large internet purchase. Thank-you

I think if you dump the crankcase vent back into the intake you get your helium back.

Helium is crafty to make money with. Partial pressure pressure blending has line loss and time consuming. Banking is more accurate and allows depletion of the bottle. PP blending of small tanks takes a knack but doable.

Hey man, I appreciate you being 100% on a large internet purchase. Thank-you

I'm actually thinking about getting a couple 4500 bank bottles just to make life a little easier. Though that always adds mo money and mo problems.

I'm actually thinking about getting a couple 4500 bank bottles just to make life a little easier. Though that always adds mo money and mo problems.
I have 2 available....

Nah, in Port Charlotte. I will pick them up in November and bring them home unless you want them....

Nah, in Port Charlotte. I will pick them up in November and bring them home unless you want them....

Oh maybe. I assume just tanks with cga valves, no hardware?

Oh maybe. I assume just tanks with cga valves, no hardware?
I probably have some nuts and nipples around. Or maybe not. I sent most of my stuff with the masterline.

Back
Top Bottom