Tried the new boots and Eddy Fins today. A quick review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tournesol2000

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
So I bought the Deep6gear thick boots and Eddy Fins. Finally got to try them out today.
The boots are a little barrow for my foot but overall comfortable. I got used to wearing them on the boat. Only thought was a) they could use a drainage hole, and b) were a little tough to get off. To be fair, I’ve never owned boots before, so this could be the norm. I am normally a size 10 shoe and these size 10 fit fine with the exception of being a little but narrow. Maybe a size larger would have been better, but maybe not. Hard to say.
Now for the Eddy Fins. They got positive comments from the DM who was wearing orange fins from another manufacturer. The shoe felt tight by the toe when on. I also had the fin come off one foot when I did a stride entry. Maybe need to tighten the spring.
The fins worked well and were comfortable. I am transitioning from a longer full foot fin that is more flexible, to the Eddy, so I noticed that my frog kick needs work. It really does expose bad technique:)
Overall very happy with my purchases and if I get the Deep6gear wetsuit will be a walking billboard for them. Yes I own the signature regulators too.
Merry Christmas, happy holidays to all.
Al

Nice review. r can tell you from experience that a proper fitting boot is the key to getting the most out of the eddys. For me, after using a half dozen different boots, I found the large eddys fit like a glove over an 11 size Fourth Element Pelagic boot. In the water I can truly say i do not even know i am wearing a boot and a fin. They mesh together so perfectly that it feels like they are part of my legs.

Also get yourself a pair of lycra dive socks from Piranha. For $7, they will allow you to slide any boot on and off much easier.

Back
Top Bottom