Treasure hunting at Lake Berryessa on Black Friday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you for the report. I enjoyed reading it, and it brought back tons of memories, as I went to school at Davis and often drove up to or past Berryessa. I never thought of anybody diving there, though!

Lots of gunk in with the batteries and memory card, but once rinsed off and cleaned worked fine, after about a year and a half in the water, assuming the date was correct, the time doesn't look correct. I was wondering if there is a lost camera site the pictures can be posted there are a few more pictures, nothing provocative?

Did you look for non-photo files on the card?

On all my camera cards (and USB sticks) I put a file (at the top level) named "About.txt" containing contact information. It basically says I'll buy you a new card if you get the data to me.

I'm not trying to suggest that might be my card; I've never lost one. :) Just that other folks may do something similar.

Peter,
Try sending the pictures to Found Cameras and Orphan Pictures they also have a Facebook account. They've had some good luck in reuniting lost pictures with their owners.

Ben

The local dive shop, Napa Dive and Sport, held their clean-up on Ocean Clean-up Day every September. They got lots of local and government support. Looks like this date will be available in the future if anyone wants to take the initiative.

The local dive shop, Napa Dive and Sport, held their clean-up on Ocean Clean-up Day every September. They got lots of local and government support. Looks like this date will be available in the future if anyone wants to take the initiative.

I expect they coordinated it with the International Coastal Cleanup Day and the California Coastal Cleanup Day. I think it wouldn't be hard for any dive shop or other organization to help organize a local effort. I found a good introduction from the California Coastal Commission: California Coastal Cleanup Day

Back
Top Bottom