Travis

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
How are the diving conditions of late at WP and Mansfield..???

Last Saturday the 14th we went to WP. There's a little swim out over the lawn, no big deal. Viz went down to barely-read-your-guages at platform 1 (which is now at 30'). Definately need a dive light; ambient light faded fast. We hit 50' and it opened up to normal Lake Travis viz, 10 foot or so. By our afternoon dive the classes had stirred viz down to 5' all over.
We did two dives 45 min at ~ 60 feet.
I really didn't notice any thermocline.
The Texas cichlids are out and about more than usual, not just hiding under the stairs.
It was a pretty nice dive overall. I'll be there again tomorrow morning.

RumBum:
Last Saturday the 14th we went to WP. There's a little swim out over the lawn, no big deal. Viz went down to barely-read-your-guages at platform 1 (which is now at 30'). Definately need a dive light; ambient light faded fast. We hit 50' and it opened up to normal Lake Travis viz, 10 foot or so. By our afternoon dive the classes had stirred viz down to 5' all over.
We did two dives 45 min at ~ 60 feet.
I really didn't notice any thermocline.
The Texas cichlids are out and about more than usual, not just hiding under the stairs.
It was a pretty nice dive overall. I'll be there again tomorrow morning.

Thanks for your update!

Hit the water about 10:00 pm tonight. Vis was around 1-2 from 0-30. I was a little discouraged but once we hit the base of the platform at Barstows, vis really opened up to around 12-15 ft. It stayed that way down to 120 ft. I was really surprised to say the least. We are going back out in the morning to try again. It is very warm as well.

Ian, my tanks are ready....

LVX:
Hit the water about 10:00 pm tonight. Vis was around 1-2 from 0-30. I was a little discouraged but once we hit the base of the platform at Barstows, vis really opened up to around 12-15 ft. It stayed that way down to 120 ft. I was really surprised to say the least. We are going back out in the morning to try again. It is very warm as well.

Ian, my tanks are ready....

Thanks for the report...does sound pretty nice at depth!!! :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom