Travis Vis?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldschool

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What's the latest visability report for Lake Travis. I see the temperature is creeping up nicely. I'm going out Sunday afternoon (29th) with Lake Travis Scuba. Any swampers going?

Mack Diver and I were out at Mansfield yesterday. From the surface to about 20' is nice viz (~10+), between 20' and 50' it dropped to 5-10', at 50' it dropped to between a foot and a couple of feet. I've heard that viz opens up again very nicely at around 70' though.

I think Chris is being way too kind with his estimate of the viz at depth. Stephen and I were out there at Mansfield with them on Tuesday. At ~40' it became impossible to judge visibility because we couldn’t see anything ... nothing ... nada ... zip ... zilch ...

I turned the dive at 60 feet when I couldn’t read my compass because I couldn't see the hand I was holding it with. We never made it through the green milk layer because we couldn’t tell which direction we were going.

Above 40’ it warm and actually quite nice.

The viz at WPP last weekend was pretty good (8 - 10 ft) from surface to 65ffw on Friday evening and early Saturday morning. Once classes started to hit the water it closed down to 3 - 4 ft. It improved a bit on Saturday evening and Sunday morning.

Back
Top Bottom