Travis - Sunday 4/09

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cyklon_300

Contributor
Reaction score
Excellent weather today, lots of swimmers, tanners, picnickers. Curiously, we were the only divers on the public side of WP tho...Barstow side was busy as usual.

Encouraged by previous vis reports of 20-25', we found isolated areas of 12-15'. Vis below 75' degraded quickly to murk. Best consistent vis was around 60-65'.

Temps: surf 63F, thermocline at 35', 55F below it.

Threw a surprise S-drill at 80' which went flawlessly, ran some spools and reels, did a couple of valve-drills, harvested trash, cut monofilament, tormented the perch...same old, same old...

sounds like fun! I really need to make it to austin this summer to make some dives!

cyklon_300:
Excellent weather today ... we found isolated areas of 12-15'. Vis below 75' degraded quickly to murk. Best consistent vis was around 60-65'. ... surf 63F, thermocline at 35', 55F below it.

Threw a surprise S-drill at 80' which went flawlessly, ran some spools and reels, did a couple of valve-drills, harvested trash, cut monofilament, tormented the perch...same old, same old...
Thanks for the report. Sound like fun, wish I could have been there.

Willie

We took Richard's boat out and dived Starnes Island as well as Tom Hughs. Same results as what Greg reported. Vis at starnes was around 10-15 ft down to 80. At Tom Hughs vis was a little worse but still descent. There was a nasty thermocline at Tom Hughs however sitting at about 45 ft which dropped the temp by 10 degees.

Still, a beautiful day for an underwater hike.

L

LVX:
We took Richard's boat out and dived Starnes Island as well as Tom Hughs. Same results as what Greg reported. Vis at starnes was around 10-15 ft down to 80. At Tom Hughs vis was a little worse but still descent. There was a nasty thermocline at Tom Hughs however sitting at about 45 ft which dropped the temp by 10 degees.

Still, a beautiful day for an underwater hike.

L
Does Richard do charters?

Dave

PvilleStang:
I think I have an idea why you were the only ones out at WP Public... you didn't see the local news this weekend, did you?
Not living there, I didnt see it. What's the news?

Willie

A UT student drowned there Saturday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom