Travis Depth Contour Map?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, that's an old one... 1936. Its interesting to decipher, but I can tell where the lake bed lies. My basic use of it was that Crazy Duck up there was trying to describe a steep, if not vertical, wall south of private side. I'd never seen it before, and have been trying to find it on a map so I can find it easier when I go to dive it. I recall you saying the wall drops to 110'+ fairly steadily and not being able to see a bottom to it?

My logbook shows that to be dive from 2001.
The only thing stands out that was different was a chain hanging down the wall and an old steel scuba tank hanging on the end.

We did the usual swim up to public and descended there.
I remember the dive as a wall dive but that was many years ago on air.

Looking at this map the only other option is we followed around the shallow area of public and into that crease.

Sorry dude it’s been a while.
Andrew

It was many moons ago… mate.

We always did this dive the same.
Swamp out about 20ft from shore… help to stop any wave action from boats.
Then we would swim out of private to the end of the rocks on public just as you are seeing the beach on the left side. Then we dropped down. I don’t know about the lazyboy platform.

Extrapolating from my logbook I would say-
We swam for 15 minutes (relaxed pace) to the tank/chain and we saw it at 90ft. It was not long after that I turned the dive when someone decided to swim off the wall by themselves. At the time I was impressed because this chain came down (from above us) to this scuba tank at 110ft. The wall was vertical above us and below. That does not mean that there was not a plateau further below us. Lake level at the time was normal.

Hope that this helps in some way.

PvilleStang:
So where would you say you descended relative to the LazyBoy platform? Further north or south? And where did the chain start?

Sounds like you should have found the gratto and scoreboard (granted that scoreboard probably wasn't there then). I'll be sure and pump up them doubles and take a nice cruise down that way.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom