Travis Conditions?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIXXERVI6

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Are there any recent travis reports? Did Austin get hit with all of the rain we did in DFW?

Lake Travis had over an inch from one report that I saw, as did most of the area. I have not dove there in two weeks so I don't know conditions, but the weather is supposed to be nice through the weekend here.

I live by Lake Travis and yep we had the rain. The good news is I don't think the reported mud rain that occured in San Antonio or New Braunfels made it here. The lake looks really full and beautiful. Our weather report looks good until Sunday, which gives ample time for any run off to settle for a clear dive on Saturday. I did find a visibility report for March 18th on this website Scuba Diving - C&J Divers Scuba 2000

yea lookin for vis reports, diesel is getting pretty pricey to drive down and play in the mud, want to be able to at least see a few feet.

The last time I was at travis it wasn't a vis report, it was more like, how thick or thin was the mud your swimming through.

Talked today with a couple that dove last weekend at WP...57F....2ft. vis at 110ffw.

What??? I was at Mansfield Saturday 3/15 and the the viz was great!!! Best I'd seen it in a year! It was up to 10 foot viz, maybe 15 in places! But really great! I doubt that the little bit of rain on Monday could bring it down too much. We dove to maybe 60 feet I think. Ambient light was real good, too. I turned off my light at about 25 ft on the ascent.

Back
Top Bottom