Travis Conditions - 2/18

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LVX

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
The lake was looking pretty bad today. I was teaching a drysuit course and didn't get below 60 ft but up to that point, vis was no better than 5 ft and there were many instances of 2-3 ft vis. Water temp was running around 53.

L

O Hemlon, you're just spoiled! That there is fine winter diving condtions!

That is very toasty water temp..

You guys are all compainers.......we had ideal conditions at Twin Lakes last weekend. Vis was about 16 feet, more on the platforms. The water temperature was a balmy 54 degrees.

Regards,

Hemlon,

You guessed it.......that's why I was at Comal finishing up the class.

Regards,

So which park were you at, L.? You hit up Bob Wentz for the easy entry, Barstows for the break neck stride entry, or Mansfield for the calf-swelling hike?

PvilleStang:
So which park were you at, L.? You hit up Bob Wentz for the easy entry, Barstows for the break neck stride entry, or Mansfield for the calf-swelling hike?

We were out at Barstows. The water level had dropped from the weekend before about a foot. Now the platform is about 6-12" from the top of the platform....

Very exciting.....

L

Back
Top Bottom