Travelpac inflator hose length

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I went to the shop again yesterday, but the man whom entertained me the other day wasn't there. So i check out the Travelpac myself.

I realize 2 Dive Rite Travelpac with slight difference.

1) The lumbar cushion material is different.

2) The Ring that connects the top shoulder strap, bottom shoulder strap and chest shoulder strap is different. 1 uses a special ring and the other one uses a simple stainless steel D ring.

Can anyone tell me why are therr differences within the same model?

Input appreciated.

Timz,
The model with the special D-Ring is a newer model.

Jared

I finally ordered the Travelac yesterday from the place I took my OW course. Took it about an hour ago. While testing the BCD on the fitting, the shop owner still mumbles and tell me the benefit of the jacket style BC over the back inflatied BC. Haha... Whatever...

Anyway, decision made and item owned.

At least for now, the benefit of the DR Travelpac is looking stylish before even touching the water. For other benefits, Guess I have to try it out in the pool and get used to it before my next diving on 05/23/2015.

Thanks everyone for the input.

In contrast to the topic, the DR Travelpac I bought came with a 12" inflator hose.

I emailed DR and they say it came standard with the 12" but they can customed to either 16" or 22".

I also called the Malaysia local distributor for that matter, and they saod they'll replace the hose for me.

However, when I reached our local distributor 2day, they actually brought the same hose for replacement. They say that was what it came with and there's nothing thay can do about it.

I saw a travel XT wing that came with 22" hose and asked them if i can exchange with that, they apologized and said no.

I can see that the local distributor was trying to help. But they said they can't do anything about it.

I finally ordered the Travelac yesterday from the place I took my OW course. Took it about an hour ago. While testing the BCD on the fitting, the shop owner still mumbles and tell me the benefit of the jacket style BC over the back inflatied BC. Haha... Whatever...

Anyway, decision made and item owned.

At least for now, the benefit of the DR Travelpac is looking stylish before even touching the water. For other benefits, Guess I have to try it out in the pool and get used to it before my next diving on 05/23/2015.

Thanks everyone for the input.

Hi Timz,

We dive at the same region and I kinda get what you are experiencing in regards to Wing BCD with the local dive community. Most of the dive centers around us utilize jacket style bcds as they are more cost efficient. Therefore, most divers here have little exposure in regards to Wings.

Jacket bcd is probably more comfortable on the surface as it provides vertical support. That can also be a disadvantage underwater as we need to be horizontal for streamline purposes. That's where wing bcd excels to provide you that streamline position at depth. Do bare in mind that most of your dive will be spend underwater rather than on the surface.

That being said, you can still feel at ease with a wing bcd on the surface with simple tweaks. Instead of staying vertical, you just need to lay on your back and relax. Crotch strap will also provide important support on the surface to make sure the wing stays under you. Make sure you are properly weighted and you will see the full benefits of wing bcds over jackets.

Enjoy your new toy and happy diving :D

Thanks mate. I tested it yesterday at pool. I certainly felt the face being push to the surface, but it became better when I adjust my weight to the back.

And yeah, it's nice to dive with.

Thanks again. I'll be diving at Redang this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom