Travelling Divers...Maui, Hawaii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

100% of My BC diving was in BC, loved every second of it! Then i moved to the freezing clear blue waters of Newfoundland... Not exactly maui, but man its got its own charm. I will eventually trade my drysuit in for a shorty, but dunno where yet...

I have only been diving in BC so far but I already have a trip booked to Tahiti and surrounding islands for next year. I have been to Hawaii 11 times and will definitely go back. Now that I am certified, I will dive there next time I am back.

A friend who got me interested in diving lives in BC but is a self described "warm water wuss". He dives Maui at least once a year.

My biggest issue is that I can't wait until a tropical vacation to go diving. I will pretty much dive wherever I can, tropical or temperate.

About 50/50 - local diving off Vancouver Island is pretty special. Browning Wall in October is my next major trip.

Tropical is mostly from liveaboards. Have found that diving from most shore based charter operations is not that interesting. They mostly cater to tourist divers and the diving tends to be pretty mediocre.

Have only been diving in Hawaii once and was a shore based charter and was a classic example of such a dive. Not very interesting. Am considering doing the Agressor in Hawaii because it is a very short flight but not sure that it would be a good experience compared to other liveaboards a bit further away. Was also thinking that the locations that they dive look to be pretty much the same ones that can be done from shore so not sure what if anything I will do.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom