Traveling to Ras Al Khaimah - Looking for info on dive shops and sites

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aggarwal_r

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I will be traveling to Ras Al Khaimah from 2nd to 8th Feb. Any guidance on dive shops, diving sites and conditions at this time of the year would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Rahul

Hi Rahul,

Unfortunatly not an awful lot of diving in RAK.
You can try these guys Arabian Diver | scuba diving, diving in Ras Al Khaimah, diving in Musandam, diving in UAE, sailing, diving courses, diving license, PADI, IANTD, TDI although they are quite expensive for what they offer and the viz isnt all that great!
Another option would be for you to travel over to the east coast and dive the musandum (advanced diving only) or a couple of nice reefs that they have their. try www.alboomdivning.com who run some really good boats either on full days in the musandam or fast boast to local reefs. If wrecks are you flavour then the west coast just off dubai has some great wrecks, the viz can be a bit marginal (8-10m) but the wrecks really are worth it! Again al boom do good boats to these places.

hope this helps

Jon

ps the water is quite cold right now - 22-24 degrees, i dive in a smi dry 5mm or dry suit depending on how brave i am feeling........

i dived with al boom from mussandam and fujeirah. they were fab. you can see my post about it. You have to pass through RAK to get to Fujeirah from Dubai, so its probably quite close. In Fujeirah Al boom is based at le meridien hotel.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom