Traveling thru in my tractor trailer truck!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trucker girl

Cupcake, Queen of Dorks
Reaction score
Off the road for good in April '08 and at home in
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all you PNWs!

I'm parked at the Jubitz truck stop waiting for their tire shop to open in the morning. Let me tell you, it's very exciting.

I dropped my husband off in Bend for his annual snow mobiling trip. And, since we just spent 8 days in a hotel in Albuquerque followed by a bill for $16,344 for our truck repair (yup, that hurt), I'm out driving the truck.

I'll be heading up to Blaine tomorrow (don't know if I'll get there during business hours yet) so if y'all see a crazy lady driving eratically while staring out the window at the water and salivating... that's me!

I had an offer from one of you (won't say who :)) to try some dry suit diving (including instruction- but, really, who needs that?), but I won't have time this go-around. Plus, I don't care how dry the diving is, ya'll got some chilly air here right about now! Okay, okay, it was actually very nice out today.

Well- fwiw I just thought I'd share! I've been awol from the board of late (yeah- like since October) and I figured I owed it to my former new best friends I've never met (aka the board-junkies) to put a few posts in!

Drive safe!
TG

Hey TG!!!
Ouch on the $$$$$$$ truck bill.. Missed your great sense of humor.....It's -14*F in WI Stay out on the coast....

bvmjethead:
$16K what's that a new engine?

should be.

Our I'm stupid went bad due to the oil cooler going bad which leaked antifreeze into the I'm stupid fluid and the I'm stupid took out the clutch and the flywheel housing and lots of other goodies. The only satisfying part of the whole thing is that all the stuff that needed to be replaced was too heavy for me to pick up. Thus- at least we GOT something for our money...

:shakehead

A new engine (reconditioned) would not have been much more than that.

trucker girl:
BTW I wasn't sure if "PNW" would go over well or not. Why do they call it the Pacific North West, anyway? Is that as opposed to the Atlantic North West? Or the Great Lakes North West?

That would be as opposed to the (Atlantic) North East or just the Great Lakes wouldn't it.:14: It's the (Pacific) North West as opposed to the West which could be California which is certainly different than Washington.

Aren't you glad you asked!:wink:

Yep, people 'round here have been looking for you, girl. Glad to hear everything is OK (except your pocketbook).

gcbryan:
That would be as opposed to the (Atlantic) North East or just the Great Lakes wouldn't it.:14: It's the (Pacific) North West as opposed to the West which could be California which is certainly different than Washington.

Aren't you glad you asked!:wink:

And darned glad for it... much less rain here so we only get wet when we dive!

Okay, okay... so PACIFIC north west is the north west that's more pacific as opposed to like super tubular pacific versus the north west which is land-locked in, oh, say Idaho or Montana... I think I'm starting to get it.

I was hoping there was a pacific north EAST that I didn't know about so I could see more octopi (though I haven't been diving in the north east. I hear there are more lobsters than octopi).

Thank you all for the welcome back (I really did miss this board!). And the damage to my pocket book is business expense. Which doesn't make it okay by any means. But my husband likes to say it's God's way of making sure we don't pay taxes in 2007. Kind of a sick way to look at things but also very true!

BTW I'll be at the Volvo/Mack dealer tomorrow (TEC equipment) having some air-related thing replaced- yet another assurance that we won't be paying Uncle Sam in 2007. Also assurance that I won't get shut down at a Washington State scale. :) so if anyone is around, stop by! It's such a nice area of town (exit 307 to the Jubitz then east to Martin Luther King north (?) to Columbia pkwy left. No, really, it's not industrial or nasty up there at all. It's kind of quaint... in a trash-filled, low-rent, buddy-can-you-spare-a-dime way...

You have no idea how much fun I had composing that one...

trucker girl:
Why do they call it the Pacific North West, anyway? Is that as opposed to the Atlantic North West? Or the Great Lakes North West?
The original Northwest Territories, back around the time the USA was firming up it's constitution was the area to the NW of the Ohio River. Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan area. The "Pacific" in PNW is just in case we still have any geezers left around from 1787 sort of time frame. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom