Traveling thru in my tractor trailer truck!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome to the wet.

Feel your pain.

Owned a trucking and excavating company a long time ago. Second truck was about fourth hand and a "bit of a lemon". In the two years we owned it I replaced or rebuilt both rear ends, both walking beams, the main transmission ( the 5 in a 5 and 4), in-framed the engine, welded in a new bed for the gravel box, rebuilt the ram for the gravel box, rebuilt the hydrolic pump for the ram, new kingpins, brakes all round, new driveshaft (foot slipped off the clutch just starting out after waiting to turn left in an intersection with a full load - turned it into a pretzel in about half a second). Spent more time under that stupid truck then in it. Good thing the first and third truck were workhorses and cost nothing to run. Learned lots and made no money at all but had a hell of a good time Every once in a while I get the urge to drive again. Smack myself in the head and it goes away.:D

trucker girl:
I was hoping there was a pacific north EAST that I didn't know about so I could see more octopi (though I haven't been diving in the north east. I hear there are more lobsters than octopi).

Plural of octopus is... octopus. Not octopi. It's not like fungus.
gomi_

gomi_otaku:
Plural of octopus is... octopus. Not octopi. It's not like fungus.
gomi_

But octopi is much more fun to say. :)

I really had no idea that one octopus or two octopus was an option. But, then, I'm a trucker. Brake chambers, gaskets and alternators, not octopus. :blinking:

trucker girl:
But octopi is much more fun to say. :)

I really had no idea that one octopus or two octopus was an option. But, then, I'm a trucker. Brake chambers, gaskets and alternators, not octopus. :blinking:

Myself, I think the plural of mice should be meeses and octopi is more fun to say than the correct way. IMO :eyebrow:

Hey Truckergirl...

There are some pic's @ Blue Spring in my photo section...go to page 2...I have several other great shots of you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom