Traveling in the PI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

andibk

Contributor
Reaction score
Can anybody tell me do you need to carry your passport with you when flying domestically around the PI or can you just carry some I.D.? Reason for asking is that I am wanting to put my passport in the Thai embassy when I first arrive in the PI, fly down south and pick up my passport when I am ready to fly back to Thailand.

andibk

andibk:
Can anybody tell me do you need to carry your passport with you when flying domestically around the PI or can you just carry some I.D.? Reason for asking is that I am wanting to put my passport in the Thai embassy when I first arrive in the PI, fly down south and pick up my passport when I am ready to fly back to Thailand.

andibk

You'll need acceptable identification to board aircraft and sailing vessels. Laminated I.D (driver's license) with your signature helps. But you might want to call the airlines first.

Why not carry your passport? I carry it whenever I'm traveling, any other ID can get lost as easily as a passport but I've never lost one of mine. I do carry a photocopy of the main pages just in case it did go missing. As a Canadian living in Manila, I've never had a problem traveling.

Back
Top Bottom