Travel to Tortola

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike_4635

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello, I am heading for a week of diving in Tortola. Couple of questions. I am in the US and have US passport. What immigration paperwork will I need to complete when I arrive in Tortola?

I fly from San Juan PR to Tortola on Cap Air. It is a Cessna 402. Anyone had any experience with Cape Air?

Thank you.

I primarily sail in the BVI/Tortola with some diving over a week. Immigration is a simple passport.

The most economical way for me (South Florida) is to fly to St. Thomas and then take the ferry from Charlotte Amalie or Red Hook to Tortola.

However, it might be easier for you to go to San Juan and then fly via Cape Air to Tortola.

Cape Air is fine, but its planes are small—maybe 6-10 passengers and no AC. Other airlines, like Silver Airways, that serve SJU-Tortola, can be cheaper and use the same type of plane. The flight stays low and is very scenic.

Cape Air runs Northeast routes to Martha's Vineyard/Nantucket in the summer and Caribbean routes in the winter.

The diving is nice with most of the best sites around Virgin Gorda and Cooper Island. Much better than USVI.

Hello, I am heading for a week of diving in Tortola. Couple of questions. I am in the US and have US passport. What immigration paperwork will I need to complete when I arrive in Tortola?

I fly from San Juan PR to Tortola on Cap Air. It is a Cessna 402. Anyone had any experience with Cape Air?

Thank you.
Just got back from Tortola and flew American out of Miami. Immigration in Tortola was fairly easy. The airport is pretty small, deplane onto the tarmac and short walk into the terminal. You get queued up and go through immigration, then find and grab your bag and get in line again to go through customs. They provided the immigration form to us in Miami before boarding for Tortola. Form consisted of name, how many in your family, where your staying in Tortola, how long, flight info etc. Like i said, pretty easy. Probably be quicker for you coming in on a commuter plane. We had great diving off the Aggressor.

Tortola is a total PITA to get to without getting raped via the airfare, layovers, cabs, ferrys, hotels, food.

Don't get me wrong, we had a great time, but holy crap was my wallet empty at the end of the week.

I am on the June 22-29 Aggressor with Mike And Mike photo class. Fly into Tortola on June 21 and overnight at Village Cay. I am flying United to San Juan then Cape Air to Tortola. Fly back the same way. The airfare was not too bad.

Back
Top Bottom