Hassle free Hurgada

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would agree with those comments. Hurghada (talking about the resort not the region) doesn't have any good dive sites close to shore, all are a boat ride away. There is no option for shore diving. I haven't found Makadi Bay much better. Once you get to Soma Bay and Safaga the shore diving options start. Soma isn't too far Hurghada, I think the taxi from the airport takes about 45 minutes to Breakers.

I have written a couple of trip reorts which have included a bit about diving at Breakers/Orca with my kids. If you look at my profile you should be able to find them.

Hi everyone. I am looking at taking my newly qualified daughter to Hurgada for a week at the start of September. Usually I sort out separate flights, accomms, diving etc when i travel but it's usually for longer so it's more flexible. Haven't been to Hurgada before. Just wondering if there is a decent package co that anyone can recommend? Flying from Bristol UK. Can make it any South West airport.
I've had a look at regal etc and the stuff that comes up online.

TIA
There might be last minute availability on the BSAC Egypt liveaboards. Speak to Mark P.

We have had two very pleasant stays in the Port Ghalib area diving with Emperor. They have a new lodge Wadi Sabaraha, which is on a beautiful stretch of coast and has a pool and a garden and an onsite dive shop. They will pick you up from the airport, which is two and a half hours away. We stayed in the Palace Hotel on our first trip and dived with their Port Ghalib dive shop. There are other hotels within walking distance. Elphinstone is nearby and some very good dolphin sites that were really productive for us. It’s a quieter area than Hurgada and miles quieter than Sharm.

Back
Top Bottom