Question Travel Insurance for pre-owned gear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
JeemyT

JeemyT

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi all. I'll travelling overseas soon for work with all my dive gear, but much of it is second-hand. I'm using Covermore international comprehensive. I'm aware of their policy to replace items or reimburse the repair costs of items given there is some proof of purchase or ownership. Can anyone suggest how I may obtain proof of ownership for pre-owned items (like my BCD, Regs and strobes) which are from facebook marketplace? Cheers

Try and find the sellers, get in touch with the sellers, and have them email you a receipt
also write out a couple of receipts and have your sister with a different name sign them

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
original owners don't have the receipts unfortunately. Isn't that strange? I will get an evaluation from my LDS

The previous owners are the receipts

My name is Johnny and Jimmy paid six bucks for my camera on Saturday signed Johnny

and staple it to a photo of your camera

I hate insurance companies and would rather find replacement gear than spend 5 minutes talking to one of their “rep’s” which often is all the time it takes for me to start planning a hit…

So take the “premium” and save it in a just in case fund and “F” these blood sucking creeps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom