Travel ideas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kathy V,

We have been attending Our World Underwater for about 5 years. Normally we book in advance and spend the weekend. We live in a county with a grand total of 1 stop light, so it's a nice get away. So everyone asks, "What do you do after you roll up the side walks at night"? We don't have sidewalks to roll up, so after dark, it's dark. So we enjoy each others company. We actually had considered passing on OWU this year, but going for the day may be on our agenda. Thanks, Husband

Sounds nice to live in a county with 1 stoplight! Have you figured out where to go for your anniversary yet?

We usually go to OWU for one day, Saturday or Sunday. It's later this year, the last weekend of Feb.

If you haven't done a live aboard, you owe it to yourself. The AquaCat out of Nassua is a deluxe operation. Probably towards the top of your stated budget, but it is totally inclusive, food, stateroom and diving. Lots of diving. Tips and continuing education extra of course. They'll anchor up and let you explore on kayaks, or ashore. I thought they even had free Nitrox, but I could be mistaken. You ought to be able to get from ORD to NAS at a decent price and in less than 8 hours for sure.

Congratulations on the anniversary. My wife and I went to The Best of Belize Hotels & Belize Resorts | Welcome to Hamanasi! a few years ago and really enjoyed it. I just looked and it seems as if it will fit within your budget very well. We booked a beachfront suite thinking that we would be spending most of our time outside anyway. The beachfront suites are very nice and if we ever go back, that is probably where we will stay; however, they do have a couple of honeymoon suites that are a little more secluded and romantic.

Activities - Your activities are included in the cost of the trip. Unless you want to do something really exotic, there will be no extra cost for any activity. Mayan ruins, rainforest tours, bird watching, etc. are all included. Scuba diving or snorkeling are also included. Gear rental is extra, but very cheap. The activities are posted for each day and all you have to do is just sign the list on the evening before.

You can plan the entire trip yourself. Get to the Belize City airport - Hamanasi will handle the remainder of the trip at their expense. The resort itself is remote, quiet, and incredibly relaxing. The staff there are very friendly and accommodating. The official language of Belize is English. On the Mayan ruin trip, you will get an opportunity to buy souvenirs. Or you can take a bicycle into town to shop. Other than souvenirs, our only extra costs were $38 for the bar, about $75 for gear rental, and maybe $100 in tips. Although tips were certainly not encouraged, they really did seem appropriate.

The food is outstanding as well.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom