Travel fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

What kind of snorkellling? Mixed with some shallow free diving or just surface snorkelling?
This is a good question.
I don't buy special fins to 'flap around' doing some shallow diving with a snorkel going over a coral reef.
I do fee dive [not to the depths I once did] , for this I use blade style fins, Mares Pure Instinct Razor Pro Fins, these are mid range in price, light but a bit long for travel, but worth it, If you can fit them in.
420401.jpg

I would personally not compromise on mask/snorkel/fins while traveling if at all possible For extremely casual snorkeling can get by with anything, including even learning the "no fins" free diving technique.. But I strongly prefer relatively heavy scuba fins for technical diving (ie a large part of typical baggage weight limits) and longblade fins for snorkeling and freediving (ie difficult dimensions for checked baggage).
With all that said, I am intrigued by Folding Fins® but have no personal experience with them...

Scubapro Travel for sock or barefoot. Scubapro Go Sport for thicker neoprene sock or boot. Size up for 5mm+ boot.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom