Travel bcd. Any advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dcj11516

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
hi I am looking to buy a bcd to use for travel. I currently have a halcayon and love it. But with it has a six lb back plate and with airline wt restricting I'm looking for one that lighter for travel. Am looking at the halcayon trverler but wanted to see what everybody was using
Thanks in advance

I use a Zeagle Express Tech (with no weight pockets) for travel. Weighs nothing. Fantastic rig.

I use a Zeagle Scout. I like a few pockets. Put my computer and backup in them between dives, and a small dry box during the dive. I did cut the cummerbund off.

hi I am looking to buy a bcd to use for travel. I currently have a halcayon and love it. But with it has a six lb back plate and with airline wt restricting I'm looking for one that lighter for travel. Am looking at the halcayon trverler but wanted to see what everybody was using
Thanks in advance

Get a 1.75lb AL BP.

I have the Aqua Lung Zuma BC at 4.4 lbs. The only thing is that, I believe, you have to get the Aqua Lung alternate air source to go with it.

Besides the light weight, I like that I can pack it in a variety of ways.

I have the Aqua Lung Zuma BC at 4.4 lbs. The only thing is that, I believe, you have to get the Aqua Lung alternate air source to go with it.

Besides the light weight, I like that I can pack it in a variety of ways.
You certainly can if you want but it comes with a standard inflator - this shot is from aqualung.com

Capture.JPG

I use a Zeagle Express Tech (with no weight pockets) for travel. Weighs nothing. Fantastic rig.
You'd think that but it's not. 6.5lbs. Fooled me also I believe that's w/o a weight system also.I still like it for the size/flexibility/price.
Capture2.JPG

The light one in their lineup is the Covert even though it has much more jacket. 3.9lbs. And you can roll it up for travel.
covert.JPG

These are off zeagle.com

I have the Zuma and you don't have to use the Airsource 3 with it but I do. I can put both mine and my wife's and both reg sets and some other gear into one carry on. Hers is the small with the 22 lb wing but mine is the md/lg with the 34 lb wing. I don't like the way it tacos around the tank and forces me to roll over when I'm horizontal and want to vent both sides or when I find I have a big air bubble on one side and want to get it balanced left to right. For those reasons, I ordered the DSS Kydex with the 20 lb wing and though it will be about a lb heavier, I think it will still fit nicely in the carry on with my wife's zuma. I'm not sure what I'll do with the Zuma because is5 it not a bad travel BC. I almost decided to just keep it and wear it out but decided to keep myself from always being just a little dissatisfied.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom