travel agencies - padi vs dive the world

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubajeg1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hello,

I have purchased liveaboard trips through Diviac which is now Padi and am looking at Dive The World.
When I purchased my last trip through Diviac , Ihad a surprise on the final payment and found out that my USD had to be changed to euro at payment and had to pay quite abit more even though original pricing was in USD so has anyone had similiar experiences and how does it compare to Dive the World????

Have I been so surprised? No, I always read that "fine print" stuff.

Hi Scubajeg1

My name is Terry and I am the Founder of Pelagic Dive Travel. We are a new online search and booking platform and we can take care of your trip. We don't have any booking fees and what the cost is as per the supplier's currency only. Whats unique about us is the search. You can choose what you want to see on the dates of your travel. For example Whalesharks in October. The results are shown on a world map with Liveaboards, Dive Resorts & Resorts, the diver chooses the room or cabin, books pays and receives an instant confirmation,

We pride ourself on the details, customer service and depending on where you would like to go, our exclusive inclusions. Align this with our core value, the marine environment - the sustainability, the preservation and the education for it, we will be the leading online

Attached here is a Press release which went out today.

Our website is www.pelagicdivetravel.com

And you have any questions please contact me on terry@pelagicdivetravel.com

Thank you and I look forward to speaking with you

Kind regards
Terry

Dive The World has a return guest program where you get discounts for subsequent trips. PADI Travel doesn’t have that. I don’t have experience on how their (Dive The World) charges work.

I have booked extensively with PADI Travel but recently have done more business with Bluewater Dive Travel. All prices are quoted in USD and charged in USD so you don’t get screwed with the bad exchange rate if that is the case and there are no surprises or foreign transaction fees if your bank charges those.

Last edited:
Pelagic Dive Travel is the same as the above mentioned. We offer a return guest discounts. The currency is charged as per the dive operators request so they receive the correct funds. We don't have any booking fees. If you would like more info on this you can see our Terms & Conditions listed on our web page,

Thank you. I have emailed them so we shall see. Has anyone had good experience with DIVE BOOKER.COM ?

@Scubajeg1 I used Divebooker last year for a Guadalupe liveaboard trip. I was very happy with them from start to finish. I booked another liveaboard through them this year. The trip is not until September, but so far the process has been as simple and pleasant as last year.

Hi Scubajeg1

Our website is www.pelagicdivetravel.com

Terry

Just an FYI the link you have for the Philippines on this page takes you to the Australia page.
Diving Destinations

Let me know if you would like me to break anything else. Mrs Flush says I have refined it into a skillset.

Well spotted. Thank you for that I have amended it.

Back
Top Bottom