Transport / Storage For The Van or Truck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soultwater

Reaction score
Here are a few photos of the little deal I made here in Okinawa JP
I’m just posting a pic or two, If you like the idea then go build it

If I were back in the states I could have a much nicer setup but being on an island makes up for the shortage in supplies :chicken:
PIC 1

PIC 2

PIC 3

Im looking for some kind of carrier that I can haul the gear from my apartment to the car if anyone has any photos of something please post them. I was thinking of a truck like item than can haul 2 tanks and an action packer

DOLLY / Truck

Damn, i forgot how to post images and make them the proper size at the same time ...see what hapens when you don't use ur skills

mike_s:
got this message: The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer

Hmm seems like i need a refresher with linking crap on the net :banghead: sorry

We use big tool boxes from Stanley, like this one, very similar to the Dive Box rapidiver posted except there's no area for a tank. For long treks away from the truck, we have bungied a tank at the base of the handle. It works but is not that secure. All large items go in the bottom...BC, fins, reg bag, etc. and the tray on top is deep enough to hold a mask box as well as a secure compartment on each end with a lid that a good place for computers and stuff you don't want bumping around. The tray conveniently sits on the extended handle when the box is open.

Nice setup you got in your vehicle there. I really like the
tank holders.

rapidiver:
I use one of these for hauling my gear: http://www.californiadivingcompany.com/

I saw these when they came out and thought they were pretty neat.

But they are 30 pounds empty before you put gear in it. Add gear,
weights, tanks, etc and you can't even lift it to put it in your vehicle.
Then with your vehicle, unless you've got a wagon, truck, or SUV
you can't fit it inside it. (of course you'd remove the tank before
putting into the vehcile, but 30 pounds empty plus 20 or more
pounds of gear that is wet is pretty heavy).

It's also way overpriced. $260 for the box, $60 for the wheels,
plus another $30 or $40 bucks for shipping.

then how do you keep someone from stealing it while you're in the
water?

The size, weight, and costs outweight me getting one of these.

mike_s:
Nice setup you got in your vehicle there. I really like the
tank holders.

I saw these when they came out and thought they were pretty neat.

But they are 30 pounds empty before you put gear in it. Add gear,
weights, tanks, etc and you can't even lift it to put it in your vehicle.
Then with your vehicle, unless you've got a wagon, truck, or SUV
you can't fit it inside it. (of course you'd remove the tank before
putting into the vehcile, but 30 pounds empty plus 20 or more
pounds of gear that is wet is pretty heavy).

It's also way overpriced. $260 for the box, $60 for the wheels,
plus another $30 or $40 bucks for shipping.

then how do you keep someone from stealing it while you're in the
water?

The size, weight, and costs outweight me getting one of these.

The Dive Box is very heavy duty and when loaded with gear does require two people to lift. It comes stock with wheels-the upgrade to the balloon wheels cost extra(which you'll want to do if your dragging it through the sand) Price/shipping depends on the dealer. I've seen them that expensive but I think it's way too much. PM me if you'd like product/pricing info

by looking at the california box... a lightweight female model sitting on top of it and plastic lid is getting out of shape... that tells me how heavy duty it is :scoff:

rapidiver:
The Dive Box is very heavy duty and when loaded with gear does require two people to lift. It comes stock with wheels-the upgrade to the balloon wheels cost extra(which you'll want to do if your dragging it through the sand) Price/shipping depends on the dealer. I've seen them that expensive but I think it's way too much. PM me if you'd like product/pricing info

Thanks for the offer of better pricing, but still for what it costs, it's still
too much for me and also takes up too much room in the vehicle. There
are only a few shore dives I'd use it on and they are way too far of a walk
to pull that behind me. Besides, someone would just steal it while I was
under. Also I'd still have to walk back to the vehicle between dives for
a 2nd tank.

While I think this box is a neat idea, it's just not real practical for
the type diving I do.

thanks though.

yukoneer:
by looking at the california box... a lightweight female model sitting on top of it and plastic lid is getting out of shape... that tells me how heavy duty it is :scoff:

That is a way stupid pic. I mean, it's unlatched and shes sitting in the middle, and you know darn well that cutie can melt plastic!

Really, its not a bad box and the tank receptacle is cool. The standard wheels are great for smooth surfaces but ineffective in sand(never understood why all the web site pictures alway have it sitting in the sand?)

Another good option are those black boxes at home depot. We drilled some holes in the bottom and installed drain plugs. I think we paid about $60.00 for everything. If I can dig up a pic I'll post it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom