Transmitter Link up to 1 inch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Krafcheck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Over the weekend during my first dive I noticed my PSI blinking 000. I have had this VT3 for 11 months now and this is the first problem encountered other than when i first got the temp was reading 10 degrees off which got swapped out for another when i sent it in.

My computer and transmitter batteries are still good. The problem is my link to the transmitter does not go more than 1 inch or so out. The transmitter number is entered correctly. The day before I hooked everything up and it worked good. I will be sending it back to the dive shop I got it from just wandering if anybody has had this problem before and what was needed to correct it. A recalibration maybe? Im also sending back the regulator with transmitter since it is up for the annual.

Just dropped off at UPS will post again later if I hear of what happened so maybe it will help someone else.

I did talk with service department at the LDS and said they will most likely have to send it off to Oceanic for look over and that they will either fix it or send a new one.

Hey Doug thats awesome you guys check out the forum. UPS said it will be at its destination Monday. I think you will know the shop just down the road, Dolphin Scuba in Sacramento. Customer service is top notch at that place.

Update:
Dolphin Scuba received my regulators and computer yesterday and I just got a call from the service department and they already serviced my regulators along with the recall issue on the first stage. The best part Oceanic told them to send me a new computer (NO CHARGE) without having to look at my claim with the link problem. So they did all this within a day of receiving my gear. I dont think I can say enough good things about Oceanic and Dolphin Scuba. If your reading. THANKS

Back
Top Bottom