Transfers to Puerto Galera about to become even more difficult?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

this is great...thank you for the posting outofofficebrb....the fare is very reasonable i wonder if the boat goes to the Asia Diver pier or all the way to PG? if it goes to PG you still have to get back to Sabang vis trike or another boat taxi.

this is great...thank you for the posting outofofficebrb....the fare is very reasonable i wonder if the boat goes to the Asia Diver pier or all the way to PG? if it goes to PG you still have to get back to Sabang vis trike or another boat taxi.

It goes directly to Asia diver’s pier.

Best news for going to Sabang...I am not staying at Galeon but I will certainly take this back and forth and arrange a private van in Batangas...yes more pricey than the full public route (bus and Ferry) but I am tired of sitting at the pier because the current ferry companies cancel or delay trips because they feel like it.

Best news for going to Sabang...I am not staying at Galeon but I will certainly take this back and forth and arrange a private van in Batangas...yes more pricey than the full public route (bus and Ferry) but I am tired of sitting at the pier because the current ferry companies cancel or delay trips because they feel like it.

I agree. The convenience and ease really moves the needle. While it is the more expensive option, it is still relatively inexpensive in the grand scheme of things. :)

I inquired to the Mindoro Sprinter about future trips in September 2019...Here is the reply. I will have to check out their FB page.

Greetings!

Thank you for your inquiry.

Yes are doing some trip which is posted in our Mindoro Page.

We are going to have trips to next and this coming months, but as of now we don’t have officially time for the trip.

I will update you the soonest we finalize all the trip, and it will be post in our Facebook page.

Thank you so much.

Kinds regards,

Jolyme Pangilinan

Booking Transportation

Mindoro Sprinter

jolyme@asiadivers.com

+63927631724

@Divenut1959

Just posted in their FB about an hour ago...not sure if it is a weekly schedule that changes or what. Looks like minimum passenger count of 8 to run. You could charter the whole thing for 6,400 pesos ($122 USD) I suppose!

—————————
Schedule for Mindoro Sprinter. To book contact: 0927-631-7243
Please note the new departure point for these trips is Ilaya

Thursday August 22:
7:00 a.m. leaves El Galleon Pier to Ilaya
9:00 a.m. leaves from Ilaya to El Galleon Pier.
11:00 a.m. leaves El Galleon Pier to Ilaya
13:00 p.m. leaves from Ilaya to El Galleon Pier.
Friday August 23:
15:00 p.m. leaves El Galleon Pier to Ilaya
16:00 p.m. leaves from Ilaya to El Galleon Pier.
Saturday August 24:
9:00 a.m. leaves from Ilaya to El Galleon Pier. fully booked
Sunday August 25:
15:00 p.m. leaves El Galleon Pier to Ilaya
Monday August 26:
15:00 p.m. leaves El Galleon Pier to Ilaya-fully booked

To book contact: 0927-631-7243
Please be advised we need a minimum of 8 pax to run the trip.
All boat fees are cash payment only or if booked ahead of time you can use WeChat Pay.
Boat Fee is 800 peso one way, per person.

Important Information:

You must be at departure point 30 minutes prior to departure. Please note your departure point. The boat will not wait. If you are late you will still be responsible for payment. There are no refunds or transfers of payments to another trip if you miss the boat.

Extra fees (These will be collected at the boat pick-up in Batangas, cash only):
There is a P100 port fee to pay from Ilaya which will be collected there. There is no port fee departing from El Galleon. You will pay this to our crew. All vehicles going to Ilaya will be charged a P50 entrance fee to enter the port. You will pay this fee at the entry gate to the port.
There is a P50 port fee to pay from Lamao which will be collected there. There is no port fee departing from El Galleon. You will pay this to our crew.
There is a 50 peso per person “Environmental User Fee” (EUF), to be paid only coming here from either Ilaya or Lamao. This fee is charged from Puerto Galera local government and is not applicable to residents of Puerto Galera. You will pay this to our crew.
Location maps for ILaya:
Maps.ME: https://maps.me/ge0…

In the past I've used Asia Divers private banka for the crossing and once to pick a couple of friends and myself up at Crystal Blue when we were staying there also.

Thanks @outofofficebrb for that link, although I think I'm mainly "dived out" with PG and prefer the relative quietness of Anilao these days, plus my own guide and banka.

In the past I've used Asia Divers private banka for the crossing and once to pick a couple of friends and myself up at Crystal Blue when we were staying there also.

Thanks @outofofficebrb for that link, although I think I'm mainly "dived out" with PG and prefer the relative quietness of Anilao these days, plus my own guide and banka.

I was at Asia Divers in April/May 2019 and we took their private bangka. I am not sure if that is still running in addition to the Mindoro Sprinter or not but it was convenient. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom