Transfers to Puerto Galera about to become even more difficult?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey @GirlonFire could you share any tips on how you got Crystal Blue to agree to let you book just diving? I inquired about doing that a few years ago but they said no. Would love to know how you persuaded them. PM me if you prefer.
I just emailed and asked. They did say they do not take outside divers if they are full so I suppose it depends on your dates.

Thanks for passing that along. Hope you have a wonderful trip!
I just emailed and asked. They did say they do not take outside divers if they are full so I suppose it depends on your dates.

Not yet in service and not too sure about its accuracy.
2019 OceanJet Batangas-Balatero: Ferry Schedule, Fares & Booking

But this one has different info!
Ferry Schedules To Puerto Galera From Batangas Vice Versa

Great news.
Anyone know if Ocean Jet has started this route?
For other fastcraft, can I prebook somehow or can I just turn up at the pier and purchase tickets?
I am hoping to avoid the $200 one way transfer (including ground to Manila) and just get from and to Batangas safely.

Just have a look to this FB group where most of Ferry companies post their schedule and price. You can book your ticket in advance for an almost painless experience (in the Philippines, something can always happen)

Sabang Transport

Ocean Jet has been running the route for a while and it is the fastest ie. 45mins.
There is no need to prebook the ferry. It is all depend on your arrival time at Batangas Pier.

On a related note, what is the best way from Balatero to Sabang? The place I’m thinking of staying charges 1400php for a pick up.

Things can change between the time you plan the trip and when you arrive. Do you have a backup plan if they end up being full and you're not able to dive with them?

On a related note, what is the best way from Balatero to Sabang? The place I’m thinking of staying charges 1400php for a pick up.
There will be a fleet of trike waiting right outside the terminal. Depend on the time of your arrival, I won't pay more than P200.00 for one. And if you want to save some Peso, walk to the main road and stop any passing by jeepney or trike to Mulle for P20.00 or less. Jeepney to Sabang from Mulle is another P20.00.

P1,400.00 for a transfer from Balatero should include FREE meal + drink! Tourist is sucker.

No banca whatsoever I am afraid.

Have all bancas been banned from doing PG transfers now?

Unfortunately it looks like the Mindoro Sprinter has become a private transfer boat. No help for solo or pairs of divers. Below is from their updated website. Unless you want to pay for the whole boat you'd have to get lucky with a group pre-booked to travel on your dates.

Private transfers:
The first 1-13 pax is $210 or Php10,900 for the whole boat, one way, whether its 1 per person or 13 people.
14-22 guests sharing the same trip, the rate is charged $210/Php10,900 for the first 13, than $16.00/Php800 extra per person for 14-22 pax, one way

Contact us if you would like to arrange a private transfer or join one of our private transfers.

Have all bancas been banned from doing PG transfers now?
YES.
However, they are still available for local transfer ie. beach/island hopping.

How long would Ocean Jet provide the service if they do not have enough customers? I saw one of their boat discharged only FOUR passengers arriving from Batangas at Balatero !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom