Transfers from Manilla to Blue Ribbon Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Jon, When I looked at it closely the time in travel just didn't make sense. 3.5 drive to Tacloban, 2 hour filght + waiting time then 3.5 to your place meant about 10 hours travelling time. I will see you on my next trip when I won't go running around the country..

Last time I went to Anilao or Puerto Galera, I negotiated with a taxi/grab driver at the airport and they drove me to Mabini/Batangas for 3000 PHP all included (tolls, gasoline...)
Same on the other way.
Everytime, drivers seemed okay with this fare.

Hi Jon, When I looked at it closely the time in travel just didn't make sense. 3.5 drive to Tacloban, 2 hour filght + waiting time then 3.5 to your place meant about 10 hours travelling time. I will see you on my next trip when I won't go running around the country..
I have dived Anilao and Leyte, both are excellent. But I prefer Leyte !

Thanks guys for all your help. Will let you know how it goes at Pete's place...

Have done a couple of trips to the Philippines and the diving is great but getting around takes time. I now plan to stay longer at one or two places rather than moving a lot.

Have done a couple of trips to the Philippines and the diving is great but getting around takes time. I now plan to stay longer at one or two places rather than moving a lot.
I so concur with this sentiment! That is my Modus Operandi.

Quite true. And in this case, Anilao, and Blue Ribbon, are well worth as long of a stay as possible. There are so many sites around there that it's hard to get bored, especially with a good place like BR where the staff, property, and other guests are so awesome.

@Ardy , I would highly recommend BR on a future trip, especially in late Feb-April when the the visibility is at it's best.

Hi All just a short update on my stay at Peters Place in South Leyte. I was very lucky as the sea improved on my arrival and reduced on my departure. The viz was good and occasionally excellent. The resort is fine and enjoyed the staff who were always ready for a laugh. They were very good helping out an old bastard getting into gear and in and out of the boat.
The highlight for me was the Jetty with an amazing variety of life many I had not seen before, There were plenty of sea horses which I had not seen a lot of in the last 10 years. The nudi's under the jetty were interesting and varied also got to photograph some odd behaviour - ie this shrimp spinning on its head!

upload_2019-12-24_14-14-38.jpeg

I declined the whale sharks as I have seen them before but this as a biggy for most of the divers there and they always saw a couple of them.
The trip was exactly what I wanted, clear water, coral and fish life. I realised after a few days that I really only wanted to dive on the Jetty and a muck dive they had there. I guess I am addicted to macro and I lost interest in lovely coral and fish life.

If you are looking for a varied dive trip with big stuff and little stuff. Peter's Place offers all of that.

You just can't get wrong with diving at Southern Leyte.
The place is a bit time consuming to get to but well worth the effort.
I believe the jetty only open couple of night per week and personally yet to come across anyone who has any -ve comment.
Surely you had dived Malitbog Lembeh which is also excellent for macro.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom