Training can you do too much too soon?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am an engineer and was in school through my 40's so am always wanting to learn more. I have been progressing through my specialties slowly but surely over the years. I decided lately to go forward with my Master Diver so am taking needed specialtiess to achieve this. Diving sites like West Palm FL (my general area) where once your off the boat you basically are working 3 specialties in a single dive (drift, wreck, deep) but I had to do the classes for each though I had experience. Aside from the finacial investment I enjoy furthering my knowledge base from classroom and good DM's to hone my skills as a diver. Once complete with MD then I intend to start some TDI classes for cavern/cave as well as advanced wreck......I do not intent to slow down as long as I can afford classes its just a matter of pacing yourself to your personal limitations and experience levels.

As well, night diving may be very difficult in the far North where there is no real night in Summer.

In the other end we have dark all day in the winter ;-)

But joke aside, this time of year we have desent temperatures and dark in the night. So end of august is no problem to make night dives.

I, too solved the puzzle at depth quicker and have read of others. Maybe you just try harder to "beat the system"....?
I also would be a little uneasy in that Red Sea situation you describe, as a 100m bottom would be new to me.
I crossed the USSR in 1984 and wanted to take the train Irkutsk to Ulaanbaatar, but couldn't book in time.
I think that’s called narcosis. Correct me if I’m wrong but if you weren’t breathing he...

Diving sites like West Palm FL (my general area) where once your off the boat you basically are working 3 specialties in a single dive (drift, wreck, deep) but I had to do the classes for each though I had experience.
Are you getting credit for all three specialties on one dive? If so, that is a standards violation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom