Tragic fatal accident....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatexastony

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
A woman was snorkeling at Varsenbaii this past weekend and was struck by a high powered twin outboard pleasure boat (confiscated drug runner, i think). It was being operated by the local coast guard.

To those visiting the island and shore diving, be sure to surface in the protected cove or in shallow protected waters.

tony

Thoughts and prayers going out to the family. What a sad situation....

This is such a tragedy. I grew up on a lake in TN and had a friend that was skiing and fell down and a boat came up and ran over him before the boat he was with could turn around and pick him up. My thoughts and prayers go to her family.

My deepest sympathy to the family and loved ones.
A good reason even when snorkeling to have a marker or bouy identifying where you are.

My sympathies to the family and friends as well.
Yes, great point on the marker. I was almost hit snorkeling in Cozumel a few years back. Boat captain was watching his herd of snorkelers drifting behind him, and nearly idled overtop me during a turn. I had been hearing the motor running for a long time, and only realized how close he was when I saw his shadow moving over the bottom. Shame on me for not being more aware, and shame on him for not keeping a watch forward. A marker may have brought his attention to me further out

Back
Top Bottom