TR Aldora / Vista del Mar / Pepita December 2009

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Excellent. I think Pela (Sallye) said she was going to be down there at some point in Feb too. We will be there 2nd or third week of the month from saturday to sunday. Its still a bit up in the air.

Blue Steal :
About Los Otates : they don't serve the same kind of food as La Choza, but if you want to try real tacos and quesadillas, you're in for a treat. And they're a lot cheaper than La Choza too.
Thanks again. Being from Los Angeles I pretty much get authenic Mexican food everyday. La Choza had a nice ambiance and seemed to cater to the tourists more than locals, but I can only speak for dinner. Food was okay, but expensive. Now I'll definetly have to try Los Otates............
Mr. Sanchos Beach Club at $50US is a bit out of my price range for a place to shower and snorkel then a beer and taco afterwards. Need to either find a cheaper beach club or just a place to pull off the road and head out to snorkel, maybe around the caleta, (marina), heard that's where the local instructors sometimes go to do beach dives.

The USD50/a day at Mr. Sancho's is an all you can eat&drink day pass. But you can go there and just pay for a drink. A meal there costs around USD10/person, a limonada is 20 pesos, don't know about the beer.
This website written by expats also recommends snorkeling at Dzul Ha (=Money Bar) & Corona:
Things to Do on Your Own on Cozumel

Last edited:
Thanks for the great trip report. Personally I liked El Pique way more than Los Otates. If I didn't already have a favorite dive op I would definitely have to try our Aldoras.

I enjoyed reading your report. Thanks for posting it. I share your addiction to Los Otates and I think your assessment of Aldora is spot on!

i am not sure if is still policy or not but i was told once that if you are diving with aldora, you are welcome to snorkel at the villa. i did that a couple times when people i met on the boat invited me to go ashore with them for a snorkle and beer from their fridge. it was pretty good.

i am not sure if is still policy or not but i was told once that if you are diving with aldora, you are welcome to snorkel at the villa.
I'll have to check that out ! I only went snorkeling one day on the last trip, will probably do more this time as I won't have the $$$ to go diving everyday.

your experience with Aldora is what we have experienced over the last 10 years diving with them twice a year. We have become good friends with Edgar over the last three years and cant wait to see him, Memo and the rest of the staff at Aldora mid May.

Glad you had a great trip.

mike did you know that edgar was once a pro soccer player?

Back
Top Bottom