Tovatec Fusion 1000

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I gave my wife one for her birthday last year and she loves it. Very bright on a full charge, but hers doesn't get discernibly dimmer as the battery drains.

more 1000 lm

Tovatec 3600 - Tovatec

but there is catch .... which single die led emitter should fit these parameters and should be thrifty ?

LIGHT SPECS
Light Output : 3600 lumen
Beam Angle : Adjustable 12˚ » 100˚
Multi-function : Yes…
100% • 50% • 10% • Strobe
Kelvin Color Temp = 5700°K – 6900°K

PHYSICS
Weight : 1.42 lb. (without battery)
Size : 10.7” length x 2.36” diameter
Switch : Magnetic slide switch
Depth Rating : 328ft / 100m

POWER
Rechargeable Battery : 2x 26650 Li-ion
Burn Time : 1.2h @ 100% / 3h @ 50% /
16h @ 10% / 2h @ SOS
Recharge Time : 6-7h
Optional Battery : 6x AA alkaline (not included

Made with Aircraft grade aluminum and CREE LED bulbs.

Sounds like it could be a Cree HP70.

Too bad it's so long. And I really hate that slider style of switch.

For me, a cordless light that is that bright automatically means it's going to be longer than I like, because that's the only way to fit enough battery behind the head to make it last a reasonable amount of time.

Again, for me, in the near to mid-term future, I think I'll be sticking to "1000" lumen lights for cordless and looking for a canister light for when I need something with 3000 - 4000 lumens.

I heard a rumor that the forthcoming OrcaTorch that is a D620 with a bigger battery pack is also going to have a significantly tighter beam than the current D620. If it has that and double the size on the battery capacity, I imagine I'll go ahead and spring for it. Well, assuming the price is comparable to the current D620.

Isn't the main use for a really tight zoom so that you can signal better? In which case, does it matter if the beam has a cross in it?

Once you zoom out a little, doesn't the cross disappear?

cree cxb1310 can fit that spec. integrated array so no weird patterning if you could get the reflector and collimator to work well.

most likely it is a xhp70 though.

I paid 115€ for this torch and everything works fine, I enjoy the variable beam for taking photos or videos. I also enjoy the run time.

The one thing about this torch that I don’t like is the brightness. I was diving in low light low vis conditions yesterday and could barely see anything with this torch which is advertised at 1000 lumens. My buddy had a Magicshine MJ 810B which is 50€ and 1000 lumens and it seemed at least twice as bright as mine. I even noticed that my previous 1000 lumen torch also definitely had a brighter beam.

My torch was definitely not on full battery charge, if a torch was almost empty battery wise, would the perform decrease? Or would it run at 1000 lumens until the battery quits? Maybe it is 1000 lumens but is not controlled as well into one spot?

Any other torch suggestions out there? That are cheap, powerful, reliable and aren’t overly huge?

Thanks
the light for me stuff is pretty good for uk diving if you are on a budget :)

Their closest thing to the Tovatec Fusion 1000 is their "Backup XML" or "Backup Mini XML". Those are more expensive than the Xtar D26 I mentioned earlier, and don't have nearly as nice a feature set. They use the same Cree LED emitter, so I expect they would be about the same brightness.

And the LIght For Me site doesn't even list burn time specs (for their cordless lights)?!? What the heck???

Maybe Tovatec uses 2'nd generation of XHP which is much better then previous ?

LED test / review - Cree XLamp XHP70.2 P2 40E (4000 K) - The second generation of extreme overcurrent and light flux capability? | BudgetLightForum.com
----------------------------------------------
cree cxb1310 can fit that spec. integrated array so no weird patterning if you could get the reflector and collimator to work well.
-----------------------------------------------

cree cxb 1310 is nice find but it have from 2r= 6mm area of 28,27mm2 !!! and is simple to large for zoom application

ok XHP70.2 have 25mm2

I haven’t heard great things about Light for me from JK and a few other “knowledgable” divers, so I don’t know what to think.

That said, enlighten me, DIR direct says there is a manufacturing delay on most of the light for mes aswell.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom