Torn between Hollis and Bare Semi-Dry Suits, thoughts?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can you try them on first? I think more important than the brand and the slight different material differences, is the fit. One that fit you well with minimal water exchange will be warmer.

what temps and what depths are you planning on using it? I would highly recommend saving up a bit more for a drysuit.... If you ever head up to Chicago, Dive Right in Scuba would be a worthwhile detour. Get a few wreck dives in with them and look at both suits in person as well as try on a few drysuits.

A couple of years ago I was looking around for a semi-dry suit. I actually ended up getting a Henderson Aqua lock 7mm suit. While it is not advertised as semi-dry, it has arm, leg and neck seals that really don't allow much water in at all. It may be a touch wetter than a regular semi-dry but it is also very comfortable and has great stretch, something I really value in something that thick. Worked for me and is quite comfortable, would buy again in a heartbeat if needed.

I had the Hollis and liked it. You will get wet, but water transfer seemed to be minimal.

I bought a used dry suit and sold my Neo Tek immediately afterwards. Go dry.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would say fit and comfort are more important than features. A little too tight or a little too loose or little bit of chafing will make a bigger difference that the type of stitch used. The utility pockets look useful, though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom