Topside Photography in FLA. Keys.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jcsgt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm going on a dive trip Key Largo, the first part of May, and would like to do some topside photography when I'm not in the water.

Any suggestions for the Keys area? I'm like to photograph nature/wildlife and martime subjects, if that helps.

Thanks!

Bird Sanctuary MM93.9 BS.... Pennecamp Park on Largo ... History of Diving Museum MM83BS. Just about any direction you look in the keys you can find great subjects. Don't forget to go Macro also. There was so much wildlife in the yard of the place we rented that I spent a couple rolls while on my knees within 50 feet of the house..

What are u looking for bridges, birds, trees ,mangroves, ocean shots etc.
Let me know and maybe i can help

I'm very interested in getting shots of the birds and maybe some 'gators, as far as critters on land. We are considering taking a kayak tour through the mangroves (they are so interesting and loaded with life!) I would also like to find a picturesque marina or two that I could shoot either at sunrise or sunset, depending on locale.

Thanks for your help!

Agree with what's been said, also, have your camera out for the drive down US1, some cool shots there. Don't be afraid to stop at the marina's along the way, some very cool critters in shallow water. Last, do a night dive;take pictures of the sunset from the boat. A lot of captains will know a great spot and be willing to stop for pics. Have fun, Largo is way cool

Thanks, Jpcpat. We are were already considering the night dive, but I hadn't thought of taking sunset pic's from the dive boat. Excellent idea!

The water shots from holiday isle down make for some pretty pix, the blue hole has a resident crocodile there were two but one was murdered and charges are pending.
The hammock which i think the name is dangy johnson park(?) mm106 has some nice photogenic trees.
Key deer are easy to find in big pine key and make nice pix.
well off to pickles reef for some diving.
BYE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom