Top 5 Sharm Dives ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nessy

Registered
Reaction score
Hi All

I'm off to Sharm for the first time in November. However, I only have a four day dive pack as we are going with some non-divers.

Can anyone suggest the top 5 dives out of sharm so that I don't waste any of those precious dives!!

Cheers
Martin
:confused:

assuming you are on a day boat my favs would be:
Straits of Tiran
Jackfish Ally
Dunraven
That park place I've forgotton the name of!

If you are into early starts then you could add Thistlegorm but I think this is best done from a live aboard.

Near/Middle/Far Garden OK for a checkout dive or night dive but nothing special....

But then I have not been there in a while.....

Have fun

Jonathan

Hi Nessy, Iam also going out in november,went there two years ago and I found that it all depends on the dive club you are diving with as to where and when they go,if you, like us are only going for a week then you may find that you can't always choose,but have to fit in with the dive club. having said that they usually visit most of the best dive sites any way,or it seemed like that because I didn't visit a bad one...Thistlegorm is a great dive and worth the early start,especially if like me it was my first real wreck dive,yolanda and shark's reef are very good,(ras mohammed park) as were Jackson,Woodhouse,and gorden reef's of the strieghts of Tiran.
What I suggest you do is find out which dive club serves your hotel then look at thier web site,they list all the sites and some even show you their itinery,prices etc.....ENJOY,Triggerfish.

Hi,

I've been to sharm twice. The first time, we had a very bad experience with a German dive shop, and so decided to try an English one - the Red Sea Diving College. It was really great diving with them!! They have enthusiastic dive guides and the biggest advantage they have is that they have seven boats and so there will always be one that will be going to either the Straits of Tiran of Ras Mohammed. It is no problem at all to change boats during the 4 days, although your first day of diving would most probably be a "local dive" where you would have to do a check out dive. Ras Um Sid is one local dive site you shouldn't want to miss. Other sites not to miss out on are Jackson (fabulous corals and colours, watch out for stone fish!!), Shark and Yolanda Reef!!

Have Fun!!

check out the Red Sea Diving College for more details (they cost slightly more than other dive shops but the little extra is worth it): http://www.redseacollege.com/english/home.htm

Porpoise2

Shark Reef/Yolanda Reef

Giannis D (wreck dive)

Ras Za'atar (Ras Mohamed)

Thistlegorm (wreck dive)

Jackson reef (Straits of Tiran)

I would say,

Jackson reef .. say Hi to Barney the turtle.. could be a leisurely float across the gardens or could be a flying drift dive.

Gordon Reef, you may miss the tiger sharks in November...could be a good thing if they are still as feisty as they were last year!

Shark and Yolanda (don't miss the toilet bowls)

Thistlegorm (though as mentioned earlier, best done from a liveaboard).. don't miss out on the captain's cabin.

Ras Nasrani.. very pretty wall dive, best done as a drift

have fun

Back
Top Bottom