Hotel Tips Sharm el Sheikh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Singewald

New
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi

We are 4 firends looking to spend a week holiday in sharm at end of July 2022. We will probably do boat diving for four days and for the rest of the days we will have some relaxing time at an all inclusive hotel. Have been in egypt several times but never in sharm, slightly worried about the condition of the hotels in general for sharm because of multiple years of low turism and now covid on top of that. Have anyone been there lately and can come with some tips of hotel in sharm area?

Probably looking for 5star to make sure the hotel holds good standard since the low amount of turism has been affecting the area hard(me guessing).

if anyone know any good divecenter then speak up aswell, so far have been looking into camel and reef oasis dive club.

Dive safe and leave only bubbles!

/Max

look at here Ras Um Sid ,this is the beach at the Sentido Reef Oasis and next to it the Jaz Fanara with Diving & Discovery, beyond the tall white Lighthouse is the El Fanar Beach Club, what more do you want/need ?

look at here Ras Um Sid ,this is the beach at the Sentido Reef Oasis and next to it the Jaz Fanara with Diving & Discovery, beyond the tall white Lighthouse is the El Fanar Beach Club, what more do you want/need ?
Thx for help, will have a look at it!

Hi

We are 4 firends looking to spend a week holiday in sharm at end of July 2022. We will probably do boat diving for four days and for the rest of the days we will have some relaxing time at an all inclusive hotel. Have been in egypt several times but never in sharm, slightly worried about the condition of the hotels in general for sharm because of multiple years of low turism and now covid on top of that. Have anyone been there lately and can come with some tips of hotel in sharm area?

Probably looking for 5star to make sure the hotel holds good standard since the low amount of turism has been affecting the area hard(me guessing).

if anyone know any good divecenter then speak up aswell, so far have been looking into camel and reef oasis dive club.

Dive safe and leave only bubbles!

/Max
I have done most of my diving in Egypt. I dive with the Oonas dive club (Home) right on Naarma Bay in Sharm El Sheikh. They speak English, it is run by a british couple, and the lead instructor, Pete is awesome. Very laid back. You can do shore dives a walk away, or they can arrange boat trips anywhere. Ras Um Sid is a great dive, as is Ras Mohamed and the Tiran Island dives The Thistlegorm is highly rated but often has a ton of people diving it. If you want a five-star hotel, this is not it, however. This is a dive lodge. They have a bar and some basic food, and it is quiet, but not luxurious. When I dgo alone or with buddies, I stay here, but when I go with my wife, I go to the movenpick.

If you want a great hotet, the Movenpick (Mövenpick Resort Sharm el Sheikh | 5 Star Hotel Naama Bay) , right next door, is pretty amazing. Whatever you do, do not book a 'family' resort. The children of welathy Egyptians are allowed to run wild and if you are not used to it, it will piss you off to no end.

My friend returned from Sharm el Sheik just recently. I think he stayed at a 5-star hotel using booking.com. He dived at Shark Bay and Naama Bay. The dive center picked him up hotel to boat and back.

Most of the resports will either shuttle you to the boat or have on-site dive centers and house reefs. The advantage to dive centers like Oonas (there are others, but this is my favorite for the low-key, relaxed vibe) is that - if they do not have enough divers to go out, they will work with the other centers to place their divers on other boats so they get to do what they want.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom