Top 5 Dive Locations in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonix:
has anyone been to Sumilon Island, Cebu? would you know of any dive sites in close proximity to it?
Sumilon is nearer Dumaguete City than Cebu City. There are alot of dive sites around the area like apo island, Dauin, Siquijor, Liloan point which you can do a day trip from dumaguete.

1. Monad Shoal, Malapascua
2. Delsan Wreck, Sulu Sea
3. Coconut Point, Apo Island
4. Gato Island, Malapascua
4.5 Donsol, Sorsogon (Skin diving only)
5. Saddle, Anilao, Batangas

chip104:
where are the sipalay wrecks?

Its in Negros Occidental. Its nearer if you go there from Bacolod City about 2 to 3 hours drive. Sipalay is a small sleepy town on the north of Negros Island. The beach reminds you of boracay 15 years ago when it was not yet commercialized. There are 2 wrecks there, MS Jojo and MS Panay. There are caverns as well and some reefs, but diving is not exciting there. The area is void of any currents, hence no pelagics and the reef is over fished due to lack of control.

But if you want to get away from civilization to relax and think of nothing I highly recommend it.

Thanks for all the great information.

thanks axua, next time I visit my relatives in Bacolod I'll stop by. Have you ever been to Lokawan? Used to go there all the time everytime I was visiting Bacolod. I wonder if diving is possible there.

Back
Top Bottom