Tool Truck at Lake Norfork

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

b1gcountry

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
It's Gone!

I just got back from a trip down to Jordan Marina, and we heard some rumors that the tool truck was gone. On Sunday I jumped in the water before our OW class got suited up and went down to where the tool truck usually is. The line was frayed and broken around 35', and I followed the direction down and ran across the second line leading to the truck. Got down there, and the hood is still there; the concrete block with the dive site markers are still there, but the Tool Truck itself is missing. There is just a flat spot where the truck used to sit. I looked around a bit, and went down to 88', but I couldn't find the truck anywhere. Several other divers are reporting the same thing.

Working theories are:
Someone else might have lifted the truck and moved it somewhere else in the lake...seems like a lot of work, and wouldn't benefit anyone once they figure out where they took it. I don't think they could remove it from the lake without people knowing.

A boater might have snagged his anchor on the truck and sent it tumbling down the slope when they pulled it loose...This could explain the line being frayed and snapped, but the other line was also moved, but intact.

Someone moved the hood, tire and marker block to a new location and rearranged the lines to point there as a practical joke...There is some silt still on top of the hood, but silt would get stirred up and settle on it anyway.

Fun Theories:
I found a coat hanger bent into a hook down there, so I'm guessing some diving carjackers broke in and rigged the ignition :wink:

Another diver said he thinks Matco took the Snap-On tool truck and plans on replacing it with one of their own.

Aliens...(hey, it IS Arkansas)

Anyway, I will post if I find out more.

Tom

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom