tool suggestion?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhwestfall

Woof!
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This may sound stupid....

Need to remove a deteriorated chain link mesh (floor of a training platform) and install new at a shallow quarry site. Most of the attachment appears to be twisted wire and a couple hose clamps, or similar. Any suggestions as to something to best utilize for cutting? There are likely numerous available items, but wondering what you might guys recommend. TIA.

Need to remove a deteriorated chain link mesh (floor of a training platform) and install new at a shallow quarry site. Most of the attachment appears to be twisted wire and a couple hose clamps, or similar. Any suggestions as to something to best utilize for cutting? There are likely numerous available items, but wondering what you might guys recommend. TIA.

Sounds like a pair of dikes and nut driver or flat head screwdriver would do the trick. Nut drivers would be safer and easier than the flat head but you'd need to know the size of the hose clamp screw.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Bob, I'd take down a good set of high leverage side cutters. They should be more than adequate to cut what you said and when done just clean dry and re-lube the pivot pin real well. OR, you could hire a large crane to lift it all out and do it on shore!!:D

OR, you could hire a large crane to lift it all out and do it on shore!!:D

The guy I'm doing this with first wanted to try and lift it with bags (as something "fun' to try), and drag it up on shore....:facepalm:

there is a part of me that wanted to give it a try....

Just for S&Gs I might do this in a horse collar and a plastic back-pack (need to find a corrugated hose for the horsecollar)....

I'd likely use a reasonable-sized pair of bolt cutters.

Best,
DSD

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom