Too shallow to get narced?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
like I said, I was exploring the limits, and checking if what I am getting is what I am thinking I am getting. To be honest, I prefer my diving clear, bright and 60 feet max, ideally 45. There I get most out of my air, and the prettiest shots.
The level of narcosis you described in the first dive makes the second dive more than "exploring the limits." Knowing what happened on the first dive, you should have been watching yourself closely on the second dive as you approached and exceeded 80ft, and turned the dive long before the 95ft level of narcosis described.

Your second dive is the kind of behavior that can lead to dive sites being shut down. It should have been said nicer, but please don't dive deep in the future. It would be selfish of you to risk the impact on others, let alone the risk to yourself.

I understand his mindset, even if you don't. There were two deaths in Eagles Nest, an incredibly challenging dive here in Florida. A man, who had no business being there, brought his non-certified stepson on a Christmas dive. They both perished and the people who cared for them tried to get Eagles Nest closed to diving. Too few take responsibility for their actions and often their loved ones have an inflated opinion of their skills. So when they die, they feel that the site must be undiveable. Consequently, a lot of divers resent those who take unnecessary risks and believe them to be selfish. You should not expect to post acts of unnecessary risks without being called out on it.

Thank you! God forbid we lose the last publicly available deep cave here. I just heard about a freediver who blacked out and was resuscitated by divers at the other location near eagles on the 19th.

Maybe I'll catch ya at the chicken rock sometime Mr Chairman.

Maybe I'll catch ya at the chicken rock sometime Mr Chairman.
Probably not. :D I know my limits and won't exceed them for a cheap thrill. While I'm full cave, I'm not certified He.

I am way too proud of how those came out! :D

Wish I still had access to a 3d printer I'd definitely be using those cad files, if you end up selling them shoot me a message.

Not saying narcosis has to do with mental fortitude. Understanding his limits when he is losing spools, playing in the sand, hearing tribal drums shows he lacks the mental fortitude to manage his risk taking mindset.

Edit: You'll notice, I never said he lacks the mental fortitude to deal with narcosis.
that makes even less sense. A spool might be lost while climbing the boat, playing in sand - I do that when I am doing my safety stop or need to catch my breath and concentrate, hearing the drumming is a symptom of narcosis, it appears to be related to your heartbeat.

So, I am not seeing why you are bringing up some popular psychology terms. If your goal is to be an ass, you are doing a decent job. If it is something else - you are making zero sense here.

that makes even less sense. A spool might be lost while climbing the boat, playing in sand - I do that when I am doing my safety stop or need to catch my breath and concentrate, hearing the drumming is a symptom of narcosis, it appears to be related to your heartbeat.
He's just going off your posts - whether you intended to or not, you're giving the impression that you're losing stuff and playing in the sand because you're narced. If it wasn't because you were narced, I'm not sure why you'd be bringing into the discussion.

Reactions: L13

So, I am not seeing why you are bringing up some popular psychology terms. If your goal is to be an ass, you are doing a decent job. If it is something else - you are making zero sense here.

I'm afraid if what I said doesn't make sense to you or you thought any of what I said was "psychology terms", it's probably a mental capacity issue not mental fortitude.

What you are doing is akin to someone driving drunk one night, getting advice from their buddies that driving drunk was a bad idea. Then proceeding to get even more hammered the following night and driving again to "test it out".

This concept clearly seems beyond your comprehension, but it does not excuse your reckless behavior.

If your heartbeat sounds like tribal drums, you may have an arrhythmia. I'd suggest getting that checked out by a doctor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom