Too shallow to get narced?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You deliberately went deeper than before, knowing that (a) you had not slept well, (b) you are very susceptible to narcosis, (c) against the advice of more experienced divers. I'd say the comparison was quite fitting.

Yes, I would. The fact that you don't realize how this level of narcosis is reckless if the slightest thing were to go wrong is very telling.

Bragging about your capacity while being almost incapacitated does not make you seem very levelheaded or one to take the risks of diving seriously. It's also ironic you brought up the Dunning-Kruger effect...
I agree with all of this. In retrospect, it was dangerous, and there was no need to make it dangerous. I will be diving this place again, but I just told my dive shop to assign me to guides and groups that like to keep it shallower further on. I might return to those depths again, but I feel I need more training and re-evaluation of my aspirations in this hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom