Too Scuba or not to Scuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

10 bucks for an hour of paintball ? I walk past a sign everyday in the building I work in advertising it for 25 bucks. And that is a student special . I cannot make coment on without a gun .

I work with someone who does PB. He is also into real guns as well. He teaches photography , does not like the water. So sad.

Ron

Well ron they're over priced.
I go to a place and it's 10 bucks,good field too.
Listen I told him to scuba unless it was one of those guns that I mentioned,and I highly doubt that it is one of those guns,b/c they are VERY expensive 1000 dollars and up and the one an angel is 2900 dollars! I would like him to do both but SCUBA FIRST unless the gun he's talking about is one of those.

You gotta remember , look at my location. Canada . Read Expensive. I asked a guy at work about that fancy gun. About $5000.00 CDN .

Hell , I can buy a rebreather for that.

But, as someone else said scuba is often a once in a lifetime experience. AS someone else said , learn to dive and get a speargun.

If you get a great deal on the gun , buy it anyway .

I see you have a dive in. That's great.

You live in a great area in FLA. I wish I could dive there more often but with the declining CDN dollar I cannot aford those trips for a while and will probably do my cave course in Mexico.

Ron

Sorry to hear that ron (can't afford to dive in some places b/c of the canadian dollar). As for the speargun thing well paintball is something different,some WW2 vets compare it to a simulation war(well only a few have tried it .).Man it's crazy,sometimes I forget it's just paintball.......until I get shot and see the pink paint:).Ya 1 dive 1 measly dive:( but hey it'll be two on sunday and three on the next sunday.And quite a bit more in june when I go to belize:)

Take Ron Brandt advice. Find a Discover Scuba course spend the 25 bucks. After the course paint ball will only be something to do when you can't dive.

I love breathing underwater, its so cool, that sometimes that is all I do for the first few minutes im under is just relax and breath, and check things out. So me I would say go scuba.

:jester:

My 16 year old son Loves to play paintball! He doesn't scuba even thought I'd love for him to get certified so I'd have another dive buddy. Scuba is a more expensive hobby and takes more effort mentally. I believe paintball is an activity that will lose its appeal with age. Scuba is forever.

:mean:
I pick the diving, I love shooting too but you will have such a wonderful time underwater. You are in a world all to yourself there, it is very peaceful and relaxing. And who knows your wife may surprise you one day and get certified herself, mine did after us being together for 10 years.

:mean: Rich

I'll follow up on what Waterdogs said; that there is a whole universe of things to learn in Scuba: oceanography, physics, physiology, icthyology, conservation, navagation, geology, etc. You don't have to be a career scientist in any of these fields, but you get exposure to all of them when you start learning the sport. And you can follow up on whichever of them stimulates your interest most.

Diving can be done locally, but also generates opportunities for travel. Would your wife go along to the Bahamas, Fiji, the Caymans & just shop & snorkel while you dive with others on your tour boat? She will know where you are when you leave the house in the morning with a gear bag. You meet nice people there, & they sometimes have non-diving wives that hang out together when the guys go on a weekend & take the ladies along.

Most of my co-workers were non-divers when I took my Master Diver class, but every Monday, a group showed up at my desk to hear about my marvelous adventures in the surf zone. Some of them got certified based on what they heard. Curious types just never get tired of exploring the underwater world, & you always have a great topic to discuss at parties.

Surely, if you were on a paintball board, the enthusiasm of those players would sell their sport with equal enthusiasm. I hope that hearing our side gives you an idea if this is worth checking out.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom