Too much choice!!! Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SeaJay,
You might find this site interesting.

http://www.bitz.fsnet.co.uk/index.htm

With you being DIR there'll be few surprises but you'll note that one of the recommendations is for a ScubaPro reg and I know of at least one DIR bloke who uses a ScubaPro - that said he uses APEKS as well.

Have you ever used the TX100,TX50 and TX40 regs?. From what I have gleemed on the net the ATX series are prone to having more bubbles round your face compared to the TX series and was just wondering if that was your experience as well?

I am thinking of TX50/DS4 TX50 on long hose and necklace for myself next year sometime once I have got myself an Eclipse :)

dbulmer:
SeaJay,
You might find this site interesting.

http://www.bitz.fsnet.co.uk/index.htm

With you being DIR there'll be few surprises but you'll note that one of the recommendations is for a ScubaPro reg and I know of at least one DIR bloke who uses a ScubaPro - that said he uses APEKS as well.

Yeah, some people like the Scubapro regs because they're NOT sealed (they're talking about the MK25). These do better for stage bottle regs, since you may want to dive with the valves off. In changing depth, this might mean that you get a little water into the first stage... And unsealed regs tend to be more tolerant of this than sealed regs.

Some people like them enough to go ahead and use them for backgas as well.

I personally didn't have good luck with them - hence my opinion of them. But both Apeks and Scubapro are favored by GUE-trained divers.

Have you ever used the TX100,TX50 and TX40 regs?. From what I have gleemed on the net the ATX series are prone to having more bubbles round your face compared to the TX series and was just wondering if that was your experience as well?

No, I haven't used the standard TX series, but I've been asked that question enough to address it on the DeepSouthDivers.org site. Go to http://www.DeepSouthDivers.org and click on "Talk" and then "Equipment." Finally, click on "Regulators," and you'll see some pictures there that show the ATX series next to the TX series. The TX is larger overall, with the most notable difference being the bubble deflector - hence, the concern that you've heard about. But the truth is that if you look at the deflectors and compare them, the top of the deflector is nearly the same width on both models. Only the bottom is shorter - which doesn't much come into play when deflecting bubbles anyway.

...So the theory's good, but the reality is that there's not much difference. At least, that's how I understand it.

I can tell you that I have zero bubble interference from my ATX200 or my ATX50s (which are structually identical).

I am thinking of TX50/DS4 TX50 on long hose and necklace for myself next year sometime once I have got myself an Eclipse :)

Very cool. :)

If I had to purchase again, I'd do the ATX series in a heartbeat - especially for the necklaced reg. But you really can't go wrong with either of these regs.

Back
Top Bottom