Too many fins!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajoh44

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
You know how some of you women (or your wives) have a million shoes? I don't particularlly like shoes, but fins....wow. I never would have thought. I had the same pair of short SNORKEL full foot fins for 14 years untill about a month ago. Now, I have 6 pair of good fins. What a difference! Someone tell me that I need to stop buying fins or give me a reason to keep buying. (I really don't have the money, so tell me to quit!):wink:

Hey well scubajoh44, i'm not a woman lol :D.
But I do love fins!
Seriously if I could afford to, i'd have multiple sets of fins..

Splits in various colors, paddles of different designs and colors and i'd co-ordinate them all with the rest of my dive gear.
I have 2 sets of fins already an Aeris Velocity fullfoot fins and my genesis response fins which I've had for maybe 10 months now.

I'm already wishing that I could add another fin.
Hmmm, maybe a split would be nice :):)

f_twin_jet_adj.jpg

I have both of your fins! ;0) Yeah, get some splits.

Just like NetFlix, start a company that lets subscribers borrow fins for a flat monthly fee! Now all those extra fins won't sit in the back of your closet -- they will be out there making you money. :D

Carbon

scubajoh44:
You know how some of you women (or your wives) have a million shoes? I don't particularlly like shoes, but fins....wow. I never would have thought. I had the same pair of short SNORKEL full foot fins for 14 years untill about a month ago. Now, I have 6 pair of good fins. What a difference! Someone tell me that I need to stop buying fins or give me a reason to keep buying. (I really don't have the money, so tell me to quit!):wink:
I used to buy and try fins...but since buying my Force Fin Pros, I think I've used my others probably once. Try a pair and it might allow you to stop buying more and more.
C-Dawg

The reason is that you don't have SB Jets........

Vtdiver2:
I used to buy and try fins...but since buying my Force Fin Pros, I think I've used my others probably once. Try a pair and it might allow you to stop buying more and more.
C-Dawg

On a dive trip , I managed to drop a tank on my right foot, and found that I cound not
dive with my closed toed fins , because it hurt to much. However, I happen to have a
pair of open toed Force Fins along, and could dive with no discomfort. They take a differant kicking style, which is easy learn and I like them alot.

__

ShakaZulu:
The reason is that you don't have SB Jets........

Some might agree and some might not.

But that's the statement certainly applies to me..............at least for now. Have had 4 pairs of fins (before starting to get rid of some) but simply prefered to go with the Jets whenever possible. If I will be going out to get a new pair of fins, I will definitely go with the Jets again...............(not sure if it is even necessary by the time I am too old and weak to use it).:D

How many different fins have been in constant production since the 60s?

One.

Done.

Hey Jo,

I'm with ya brother I have about 6 pairs in my garage, I usually trade up about every other year. My favorite pair is a pair of US Diver Rocket Fins I've had for about 12 years....awsome.

But....hey stop buying until you recieve an increase from above.

Peace

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom