Tonight's outage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kinda' like at my house...
We are trying to increase the number of servers handling the Forums to three, with two of them being web servers and the other sequestered AWAY from the internet handling our database.
My two PCs are networked together and I backup All Documents to my External Hard Drive* often. Not automatic like yours, but similar to me anyway.

* I have little sympathy for anyone who loses everything to a computer crash. All computers die, some much earlier than others; External Hard Drives are cheap and easy.

One web server will take half of the load and let the other one handle the rest. This is called "Load Balancing" and it will make us a lot faster.
Mine is not automatic, but when I am running a program on one PC, I'll lean over to the other to run the other program.

We have been frustrated for almost a year now with having bad hardware on one server, that somehow only WE could see it was bad.
I've been telling those idiots at HP than my CD burner screws up. I finally just broke it good so they'd replace it under that part of the warranty.

A go-kart is not the same thing as a Greyhound bus, but some similarities....:crafty:

Hey, Pete - want cheetos with that..??

You know, I called about ONE server (our mail and some other significant sites like Alcina's) and they asked me about the other. Well as I was waiting news on the one, I was doing some maintenance on THE SB Server when I saw the "System Halt" message. We had an order in to backup the server we were on up until last night, and obviously he was taking the WRONG one down. CRAP! I called and argued a bit, as he thought he HAD the right server, and I patiently explained to him that SB is DOWN and that forget everything else: THIS was important. Well, a couple of hours later, we are finally up again. We are stable and that is good.

This would not be the same guy who was working on the Florida power grid 2 weeks ago was it?

This would not be the same guy who was working on the Florida power grid 2 weeks ago was it?
Same state, yeah - gotta be him..

Tonight's outage of about an hour and a half seems to be due to human error... not ours, but our ISP. I apologize for the inconvenience and this had NOTHING to do with our server crapping out of us.

That would certainly explain things.:11:

Back
Top Bottom